Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I'm pretty new to the area and I need to get my windows re-done and I would like to get them done at reputable shop. I've come to notice that you really get what you pay for when it comes to tint. Cheaper places seem to have foggy looking tint or tint that does not go completely to the edge of the window, etc.

I have heard good things about the tint brand "Formula 1" and a shop named LA Tint (I believe they use Formula 1) but not sure if there is one around here...any other recomendations? I'm located in the area of Columbia, MD.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Hey, I am also at the Columbia area. I have seen several CSVTs from time to time. What color/year/mod is your CSVT?

I don't know any good tint place from my own experience. A shop near the Dubbin center (across the street from Wal Mart) is doing good jobs I heard. Also another CEGer Antonio said a shop on Rt. 1 in Laurel right opposite from Marlo Furniture (seems to call EZ xx something) is pretty good, if your tint is done by a guy named Cantu.

Other than that I really don't know. Maybe other CEGers share their experience? We may go together and ask for a discount.

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
There is an LA Tint in Manassas... But that's a far cry from ya...

There is a "Winners Window Tint" somewhere around Rockville/Gaithersburg that I got my car and my wife's Mercedes done at... The whole thing there is they have a CAD/CAM machine that cuts out the film to the exact specs of the car. Pretty schweet.

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVT3391:
Hey, I am also at the Columbia area. I have seen several CSVTs from time to time. What color/year/mod is your CSVT?

Mine is a SF 98.5 SVT if you see one w/ a mirror tint to it thats me. The guy I bought it off of put it on. I want to get regular tint on it.

I don't know any good tint place from my own experience. A shop near the Dubbin center (across the street from Wal Mart) is doing good jobs I heard.

That place in the driveway to Starbucks? I saw it but it looks like a shady joint. Could be wrong.

We may go together and ask for a discount.

Sounds good. I need to get it done before the end of this month.

Originally posted by DanG:
There is an LA Tint in Manassas... But that's a far cry from ya...

There is a "Winners Window Tint" somewhere around Rockville/Gaithersburg that I got my car and my wife's Mercedes done at... The whole thing there is they have a CAD/CAM machine that cuts out the film to the exact specs of the car. Pretty schweet.

Ya thats sounds like they know what they are doing. How is the quality of the tint? Is it foggy looking at all? Is the tint edge noticeable or is it perfectly flush w/ the edge of the window?

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Not at all... Looks perfect after 2+ years now...

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Not at all... Looks perfect after 2+ years now...

you wouldn't happen to have any pics would you?

O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O

New Pics of OUTKAST 1!Sept2006
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Hmmm. I'll have to look. I just had the cars brought down to VA legal standards (I don't need another excuse for cops to pull me over!)... I can snap a shot or two with my phone and post it up this afternoon.

T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Hmmm. I'll have to look. I just had the cars brought down to VA legal standards (I don't need another excuse for cops to pull me over!)... I can snap a shot or two with my phone and post it up this afternoon.

cool. thanks. If you can, could you take a pic of the edge of the window as well so I can see where the tint edge meets te window edge.

Thanks

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
I would look into Ziebart! Had them tint my wife's car, good work, nice tint, good price.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard