Print Thread
#1541576 04/04/06 03:39 PM
J
jd2-98s Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Well got around to doing my battery relocation.. Funny how my friend always remembers his digi cam to snap pics, when doing mods on his rolla 05, but not when modding the contour lol

Just have a question. But will run you threw the setup.

First I already had a 4ga wire running to the amps in the back. So I opt to just connect the one 4ga to the start/alt wire. Then used a 150amp circuit breaker on that line. Pickup a Moroso Battery box, put it in the trunk far back passenger side. All bolted in and ran the vent tube. Found a plugged hole that fit the gromit nice and ran the tube out and under the car. Then to the 4 12ga wires I opt to run 2 8ga wires to 2 12ga and (haven't yet) install 50amp circuit breakers. I wanted to dived the load of the system up to use smaller breakers, instead of running a big 2ga wire which would most likely need some crazy fuse.. Then I ran out of wire... So I just grouned the battery to the mounting bracket for now. I have some anderson connections comming to make for a safer connection. Right now I kinda tacked the wires with solder and taped it all up. And made sure the engine was grounded and everything fired up.

The question.. Well I'm going to run the ground in the trunk better. But I was thinking, Should I bother running a 4ga ground wire connected a metal area in the trunk to a metal area in the engine bay. Like just drill a hole, sand it, put a ring terminal on both ends and connect the trunk metal to the engine bay metal, would that help ensure a really good ground threw out the system. Or just a waste of time?

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
#1541577 04/04/06 06:44 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
If you are going to bother with an additional ground wire from the trunk to the front (and I think you should), run it to the ENGINE BLOCK. Add bonding to the body if you like, but the block is where your greatest electrical load (the starter) is grounded through.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard