Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
would love to get my hands on one of these

Borg warners website

The principle of variable turbine geometry thus combines the benefits of a small and large exhaust gas turbocharger all in one ââ?¬â?? a combination ensuring both very good response and high torque at low engine speeds as well as superior output and high performance at high speeds. And the supreme level of torque is now maintained consistently throughout a much wider speed range

Last edited by svtProdigy; 04/04/06 02:14 PM.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
457 ft-lbs of torque at 1950 rpm!

Get WIIIIIIIIIDE tires...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I have a Variable Turbine Geometry turbo charge...and there is still some turbo lag there.

Ryan Trollin!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Hello, and welcome to 7 years ago.

The first company I contacted to get the turbo kit created for the Contour was Aerodyne. The turbo they used was a VGT as well. They ran into a few production issues with the turbine unit. In the mean time, I was introduced to StreetFlight (now ADC) and the rest is history.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I have a Variable Turbine Geometry turbo charge...and there is still some turbo lag there.

who is the manufacturer of your turbo?

is it on a truck you have?

Last edited by svtProdigy; 04/04/06 04:03 PM.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by svtProdigy:

who is the manufacturer of your turbo?

is it on a truck you have?

Its on my Liberty I can't find the specific turbo manufacturer, but I want to say its Garrett for some reason.

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
that is a diesel motor....not gasoline. THis is relativly new on GASOLINE engines. aerodyne probly had problems with the turbocharger cause it could not handle the heat of a gasoline engine. Porche is the first production car to come out with this.

Refinement of the VTG technology for use at even higher exhaust temperatures will expand the possible range of applications to include gasoline engines.

Last edited by svtProdigy; 04/04/06 04:38 PM.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
that is a diesel motor....not gasoline. THis is relativly new on GASOLINE engines. aerodyne probly had problems with the turbocharger cause it could not handle the heat of a gasoline engine.

Actually, they had a problem when their original parts supplier for the turbines went out of business and the new company was having a hard time replicating the tolerances they needed.

The turbos worked just fine. They had kits for Harleys and the Zetec Focus. Neither one is diesel (in the US)

And, when is Greg going to chime in here with the VGT's that where on the older Chrysler products?

Actually, in looking at the article/pics, it appears that the actual turbine changes shape. The other VGT's have vanes that close in on the turbine. This is somewhat different and I would wonder if the complexity gives any gains.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
My understanding is that on my CRD the turbine changes/moves. I'm a newb to turbo stuff...

and Prodigy, what does it matter if its on gas or diesel....a turbo is a turbo is it not?

Ryan Trollin!
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
My understanding is that on my CRD the turbine changes/moves. I'm a newb to turbo stuff...

and Prodigy, what does it matter if its on gas or diesel....a turbo is a turbo is it not?

This new turbo has little bitty parts that are normally very sensitive to heat. Gasoline burns hotter and produces higher EGT than diesel. It looks like Porsche and Garrett found out that T316 (or higher) can handle the heat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard