Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1540778 04/03/06 07:15 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I just got my first car!!! I don't really know anything about cars....but I want to learn, so please, any info would be really appreciate!

I have a ford contour 96 gl 2.0 zetec, I was wandering, is there any engine swap possibillities for me? I really would love to be able to swap in a better engine in that car, i want a fast car, but i don't have any money to buy a new one...so engine swap is my only choice.

im also wandering, is there anyway, i can swap my ATX with a MTX? i think that will give me a lil more boost for the lower end power, with the ATX, this thing is just not responding man...

if both opition failed....there s gotta be a way to make my car fast right? any possibal way for this 130HP car to break 200HP?

i was looking at http://www.turbo-kits.com/focus_turbo_kits.html, the engine bay looks really alot alike my contour. wander if it will fit.....

Thank you sooo much for any input!!!!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Young TOBY

The council feels that you are not yet ready for a "FAST" car.
If more power was your goal, perhaps a differant purchase was in order.

One must use what is at hand..........

Remember my son once 1.6 liter F1 engines made 1100 HP and anything is possible with the force and a lot of "credits".

BTW: I have a 2.0 MTX and its Ok.
Yes 200 HP is possible (and more)with mucho $$$$$$$$.
Go for the possible first,intake/exhaust mods.
Supension/wheel-tire mods will make the 2.0 seem faster!
Enjoy!

01 PORSCHE 996 Merdian/Black Full Aero Fabspeed mufflers Fabspeed CAI B & M shifter 96 GL MTX Zetec 2.0 White/Blue Blaupunkdt Houston K & N Drop in/Koni Kit 18"RageEnduros/Flowmaster 40 Series
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome toby .

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard