Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by 1turbofocus:
Well if it works lets not try new things to try to make it any better , Is that what your saying ?

I allways open to try new things some times they work some times they dont but i dont form an opinion till i try them

Tom

See you are trying to be inflamatory again through sarcasm... it isn't working.

How about I turn it around on you. How about I say:
"Hey, you are using the draw through mafs in a blow through configuration, why not try draw through again and just change the position of where you put the draw through maf, along with PROPER sizing and tuning?"
"Why not try a GReddy eManage to tune in the system and provide real time datalogging as well as all the features of the Maf-ia and many more features for sligtly more than the price of the Maf-ia?"

Now we know you will say:
"No, I've already tried X amount of things and I'm confident this is the best way." Like you have already said.

So I can turn around and say to you:
Originally posted by 1turbofocus:
Well if it works lets not try new things to try to make it any better , Is that what your saying ?

I allways open to try new things some times they work some times they dont but i dont form an opinion till i try them

Tom

With the main point being that we have tried many many things and we have arrived at the optimum method...so far. Why should I screw with a near perfect tune anyway....especially if it is so suitable that I can just keep making more and more power? If you were to have proposed a new product with a NEW method of tuning rather than just another fancy variation of an OLD theme we've already deeply explored, then maybe we'd be willing to try it out.
But to give you another analogy, you are asking us to throw away our Iron tools because they are rusty and go back to bronze tools so they don't rust....

Maybe you should remember we are talking about duratecs and you are talking about zetecs....there's another thought since we are comparing apples to crab-apples.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by warmonger:
Maybe you should remember we are talking about duratecs and you are talking about zetecs....there's another thought since we are comparing apples to crab-apples.

Ouch.

We've all got sup'm to think about. Let's leave it at that.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
While in Modular Madness West today, I asked them about what they thought about blow-thru setups.

They prefer them for the same reasons Turbo Tom pointed out. They also like using MAFia's with the stock MAF. Though, the cream of the crop OEM MAF's at this point in their opinion is the '05+ Mustang GT MAF.

He admitted that most kits they tune are the procharger type that are designed to run with the blow-thru. He noted that draw-thru are as good, but need more time to dial them in.

I noted the 900rwhp '04 Terminator 5L cammer with the blow-thru TT setup they're building now

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard