Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
that's right. i just got a sweet hook-up on some Tornados. I can get them for both the Zetec and the 2.5 but we need at least 20 orders for each to go through. these normally cost $70 plus shipping but I can get them for $40 SHIPPED! Tornado.com reports that for the 2.5 duratec an increase of 12hp and 5mpg can be expected, at least! i already put one of these in my cobra, based on the advice of the dyno-tuner, and my mpg is around 19mpg in the city, even when driving like an arsehole! the butt dyno noticed a huge gain in hp as well.

lets get the sign up list going so i can get an order in soon!

How does it work?
The Tornado's unique airflow dynamics creates a swirling, fast-burn effect in the combustion chamber. This creates finer particles (atomized fuel), allowing better flame propagation and more complete combustion.

TORNADO causes better fuel atomization, resulting in gas mileage increases of up to 24%. These figures are confirmed by road testing performed at an emission lab licensed by the EPA. Dyno testing shows up to 20 added H.P. as well! The TORNADO requires no maintenance and is an affordable addition to most passenger cars, light trucks and RVs on the road.

Simple Installation
TORNADO installs in 3-Easy steps in usually takes less than 10 minutes to complete. Full installation instructions are available here and enclosed with each TORNADO purchased.

HINT: There were three specific car lines from GM that used this setup in the early 1980â??s. Just more proof that manipulating the air flow can improve low rpm torque, improve driveability and economy.

Remember, The Tornado comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.

The Tornado works on the simple principle of creating a swirling air motion or â??Tornadoâ? effect on the incoming air stream. Anytime you make the air move around an object, or cause it to swirl or spin, there is an increase in air velocity.

This is exactly what generates â??Liftâ? on and aircraft wing, and how the booster works in a carburetorâ??s venturi. This is Bernoulliâ??s Principle, and is used in conjunction with Newtonâ??s 2nd law.

The Tornado is actually a vortex generator that can improve the airflow in the intake manifold. click for larger viewMany Original Equipment Manufacturers use this technique to improve engine efficiency in current models. The first example is Fordâ??s new 3 valve Triton 5.4Liter engine with variable valve timing.

Fordâ??s elaborate system uses vortex generating flaps that are on common shafts operated via a bellcrank which is connected to a bi-directional DC motor. The motor receives a signal from the PCM or engine management computer, and activates the shafts to position the vortex generating flaps.

Mercedes-Benz uses a similar setup, and refers to them as â??Tumble Flapsâ?. Again, nothing more or less than flaps designed to create a Vortex or swirl the air to improve engine efficiency.

For those â??Non-Believers, we have included some pictures to demonstrate the use of a vortex generator in an O. E. M. intake manifold. Can you identify the application?

the Coz likes it!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
steve your crazy

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
smell like april fool day for me

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
i will take 17 of them.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
S
svt4stv Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
S
sweet!

1. mikey
2. mikey
3. mikey
4. mikey
5. mikey
6. mikey
7. mikey
8. mikey
9. mikey
10. mikey
11. mikey
12. mikey
13. mikey
14. mikey
15. mikey
16. mikey
17. mikey

alright! only need three more to the GB going! i know we can do it!!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
if you put like 3 in your car it actually multiplies the amount of tornado effects!!!!!!

Sign me up for 3, one before MAF, one After, and then one in my exhaust

much like your weiner.

N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
I'll take one for my air conditioner

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I'll take one to go with my new Mugen muffler bearing.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
I'll take one to go with my new Mugen muffler bearing.

you got their muffler bearing? Thats like what 15-20 at the wheels?

all i got are the stickers, they are like 2-6hp

much like your weiner.

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i'll take eleventy. and a half.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard