Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
im gonna be doing the stereo in my boat. i was thinking at least 2 subs, maybe somewhere on deck. i need something thats gonna be able to resist being in the elements, although i wouldnt mind removing them for the winter season when the boats stored. i also need suggestions on speakers for the deck, im probably gonna want at least 6 up there. keep in mind this is gonna be a "party boat" now for the head unit, amps, and speakers for the cuddy. the head unit will be in the cuddy so a normal car one will be fine......i might take the alpine out of my bronco to save money. amps.....any suggestions? these can also be mounted out of the elements and can the cuddy speakers. anyone got any suggestions please let me know

thanks,
Russell

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
All depends on the boat and the space you have. Alot of the time you can use a compartment on the boat or a sealed pocket in the console as a box. For instance in my parents boat I installed two 10" subs under the rear deck seats because they were hollow underneith. I just made a custom box inside the seat. I used to do custom audio installations in boats, It used to be my job. If only you didn't live in PA.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
i work at a boat factory and can get you some of the jl marine speakers, subs(10's) and amps the speakers are 7" components i can get the tweets in a surface or a flush mount and we have 2,4,and 6 channel amps

1998 CSVT #844 Born May 9,1997 Silver n Blue B&M Short throw shifter Eibach springs 4 Memphis PR 12" www.cardomain.com/ride/2273778
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
blaupunkts transparent series will do very well in marie application. They sell SUB and Speakers . Another Web site CLICK

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
how do they sound though?

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
i can only comment on the subs because i have 2 10's. They sound ok, they are only ok because they have an rms of only 200watts and max 600watts. The reason i suggested them was because of the weather proof cone. There�s probably a better option but it will cost more. So if money is an issue the blaupunkts are a good choice. If money is not an issue then I would get some marine speakers.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
ok heres the question.

i have a good loacation inside the cuddy to mount the multiple amps im gonna run, and its at the frontmost part of the boat.

the batteries are at the rearmost part of the boat.

i was thinking running 0 gauge wire the entire length of the boat, which is 23 ft. good stuff from knukonceptz of course. would running that much cause any issues?

i also plan on having the subs located at the rear of the boat, would running a thick, quality speaker wire that long of a distance cause any problems for the subs, figure 300-400w per sub or somewhere in that range

R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
i also forgot......boat wont have chassis ground like a car...any issues running a really long ground wire also?

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
i also forgot......boat wont have chassis ground like a car...any issues running a really long ground wire also?

might have issues with the long ground.. where is the grounding block for the boat? (usually its near the batteries or somewhere under your dash.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
not sure to tell you the truth, as i havent totally scoped out the whole boat yet (weather has been bad, i bought the boat the day after xmas)

it only has 1 battery currently, im getting one of those A-B switches and 2 batteries. and im getting my alt rebuilt with higher output

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard