Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
I wish to change the factory double din radio cassette audio unit in my 98 Mondeo to an aftermarket single din height CD/MP3/AM/FM audio unit. Which is the best wiring harness adaptor to use to go from Ford wiring to aftermarket unit?

Here's a couple of photos of the connectors:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/kiwiford/mondeoradioconnectorblock.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/kiwiford/mondeoaudiowiringharness.jpg

Malcolm Ford Mondeo 1996 2.5L Duratec 12000 miles, auto, station wagon
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Hmm... your connectors are different than ours! I'll search Google for our connector kits...

In non-premium sound, we have two 8 wire connectors, 1 black for speakers, and 1 gray for the power/antenna/etc.

Here's what the non-premium Cassette looks like:

--------------------

Early premium sound (like mine) has the same gray 8 pin power connector, but for speakers has this square black connector with 8? pins:

Can't find a decent pic of the rear, but this is what the early premium looks like:

Apparantly the later premium sound have a single connector similar to this:

With premium sound, the factory amp also has to be bypassed, otherwise it'll sound like s**t since it's not expecting the high level inputs from the new head unit!

Here's a pic of the premium sound CD player:

And the premium sound Cassette (not sure if any Contours had this, but anyway):

--------------------

Now on yours... The connectors pictured are TOTALLY different than ours. I wouldn't risk getting info from us since you may even have different colored wires... I do see that you have 18 possible wires, while we have 16.

I would suggest MEG, since they also have the double DIN radios and stuff.

Sorry dude!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard