Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
.....maybe so, but not engineers.....Been round the R & D companys in the Detroit area recently???...(so what is Stazi doing here?,ah yes,working as an engineer!)I forget most in the country won't go into engineering.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by Yummy Mummy:
(so what is Stazi doing here?,ah yes,working as an engineer!

I thought he was in advertising for Fosters?

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
You gotta pay to play. If I want to become a doctor, I'll assume the debt that goes along with 8-12+ years of school. Your neighbor knew what he was getting into when he signed up for classes. If he's a good doctor, then I would think those school loan payments wouldn't be much of an issue. This is the greatest country in the world. If anyone doesn't like it, they can leave as easy as they came in. Evidently some people would be happier in their own country.

Mark

You miss the point...again. You only have to pay through the nose for education in the USA...The rest of the world pays a lot less!....No one is knocking the country just and education sytem that is more of a money machine that an institution of 'higher learning'.Just keep writing the checks if you think more $$$ is a better idea!

If that were the point, he wouldn't have followed up this comment:
On the comments on engineering in USA most are misunderstanding my drift.The issue is 'the system', that is the education system that charges WAY over the 'worldwide' rate for tuition

with this comment:
On auto engineering, when I see an All American Formula 1 car win the championships, that is engine, trans, frame etc from US I will rest my case. regards TH

If tuition costs were his drift, then why bring up AGAIN, the work that US engineers do? I thought it was only about tuition costs?

As for tuition costs, how well are professors paid in other countries compared to the US? What kind of shape are the Universities in over there? I would assume that our tuition fees are what they are, because we pay our professors well, and our Universities are(for the most part) kept up very well. If their professors are paid well, and their Universities have a lot to show for, who's paying for that?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
I'll chime in here . . . lol.

In some ways I agree with Terry, these days American auto engineering is not as good as say, German, or even japanese auto engineering. But I don't think it is for the reasons Terry has laid out (through Todd of course).

1. American auto company management has tied the hands of the good engineers by forcing component costs to be the #1 priority rather than overall cost/benefit. And the engineers that push the issue sometimes end up on the layoff list (Ask me how I know . . .)

2. American auto companies hire many engineers that don't know anything about cars. While some are american born and educated, most are educated abroad and move to the US, and would probably be better off engineering appliances rather than cars. The true "car guy/girl" engineers are getting fewer and further between at the American automotive companies.

3. The corrolary to #2 is that the non-American car companies with units operating in the US don't seem to struggle nearly as badly even with just as many US educated engineers.

4. Virtually all worldwide auto companies get parts from the same pool of suppliers, yet the american car companies seem to end up w/ the lion's share of the quality concerns. Part of this is merely public perception, but the rest of it goes right back to my comment #1.

5. As sad as it makes me to say this, not enough Americans care about Formula 1 to make it a worthwhile venture to invest the money and resources into making a winning team. Hats off to Red Bull though for sort of trying, lol.

6. Formula 1 is a pathetic shell of what it once was. True ultra-cutting-edge engineering and inventiveness is no longer welcome there. Granted, it is still debatably the pinnacle of motorsport, its just that pinnacle is way lower than it was in the past.

And, back on topic, I tend to agree with warmonger; get in there and get a look at the axle first. If it is clear there is no contamination or damage to the trans or diff, just replace the axle. If there is any question of potential damage or contamination, get the trans out and off to someone qualified to go through it. (most likely Terry in this case, since he's the one that built it in the first place.)

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
If this thread is still about my trans....

I'll let you know it was not the trans but an axle.

It snapped at the shaft itself!!

Both boots were still intact!!
Remanned units must suck!

Napa also told me they aren't covered under thier life time warrenty because I must have over powered them. Cool whatever, my fault.

So as far as everyones help, thank you.

HMS TRANS STILL BULLETPROOF!!

took a lickin' keep on tickin'...

Replaced axle and away I go.
Damn those stickey tires.

Thanks guys,

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Is "Yummy Mummy" really Terry?

I'm so confused...

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:

Napa also told me they aren't covered under thier life time warrenty because I must have over powered them. Cool whatever, my fault.

BULL [censored] [censored]!!!

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

I'm so confused...

No, "Yummy Mummy" is todras, and todras often relays messages for Terry.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Rara:

I'm so confused...

Why? I'll never understand.. you're either too fed up with this site to associate with it, or you're not, really...

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by Ray:
Originally posted by Rara:

I'm so confused...

Why? I'll never understand.. you're either too fed up with this site to associate with it, or you're not, really...

about 5000 think the same thing!!!!

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard