Next Thread
Print Thread
#1539212 04/01/06 12:30 AM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
So I did the throttle hang/moose fix tonight.This winter I got some of the "moose" sounds when it was cold,and just recently it returned,just once though.I took a 1/2" copper cap and used the 7/32 drill bit( I figured bigger hole less of a power loss.Anyways I drove it didn't really feel a diff. which isn't a bad thing.MY question is what excatly is "throttle hang" and will I see a diff. in drivablity?I read in the how to's that e1's like mine experince a power lose in the mid range...how much of a power loss and does this apply to all?

thnx in adavance.

99 SVT/silver frost....with "some" mods SVT FLYWHEEL 4 SALE!!! PM me
#1539213 04/01/06 12:41 AM
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
read more, i believe more people state that there is NO power loss than those that reported one.

i've got this done as well, same size drill. i feel no power loss at all.

an example of throttle hang (to my knowledge) would be, say, revving your engine, and as soon as you let off the gas, the throttle sticks at that rpm for a few moments before dropping back. the difference being with the fix is that it will almost immediately dorp back.

again - to my understanding - this is what the throttle hang fix does:
that hose you placed the copper pipe inside allows that small amount of air into the engine while the throttle body is closed, thus controlling your idle. without that hose, your engine will stall. by allowing a smaller amount of air into it, as you close the throttle, your engine is getting a smaller amount of air than if you didn't have that pipe fitting in it, so the rpm's drop back much faster, but not to the point that would cause the engine to stall.
this saves you a very VERY tiny amount in gas if your a 'revver' and just makes your tach look prettier while revving on a personal note, it's a much more comfortable shift for me. i don't know about anyone else though...

hope that helped, and if anyone can correct anything, please do. like i said, that it how i currently understand it.

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
#1539214 04/01/06 01:35 AM
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Thanxs!, yea that does clear things up for me.After I finshed putting it in I took my car for a drive and it felt a little smoother I was just checking to make sure ,I was fooling myself.

99 SVT/silver frost....with "some" mods SVT FLYWHEEL 4 SALE!!! PM me

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard