Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1539020 03/31/06 03:01 PM
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Hey guys, I've got a good job offer to relocate to Florida.

I was wondering if any of you Floridians know of any good sites for rental properties for West Palm Beach (or any nice surrounding areas that you'd recommend)?

I'll highly likely be coming out in about a month to check things out

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I can do some scouting for you. Rent on a nice place typically runs in the $1200 range. You can get accomodations for $800 or so in a nice area with a community pool & such, but you'll settle for a Townhouse - if that's OK. I wouldn't turn my nose up at it, but some people are funny.

If you get any leads, I volunteer to snap some pictures for you & scan the neighborhood too.

My brother is also looking for a new place & we have a line on a unit in Palm Springs. Fine area, schools, park, easy access to shopping & I-95. We can use his research to your benefit.

I'll PM you & request more info so I can find a place to match your needs.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
PM sent

Thanks again for the help! I'm still working out the details, but I am pretty sure this job is a sure thing. I'm so sick of the bitter winter cold.... this is the move I really could use

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
From biter cold to searing heat/humidity that makes you go suicidal?

Rental properties? Did you have a specific type of "place" in mind? House? Condo? Apt?

And only WPB? Or would you also look at surrounding areas, like Lake Worth (where I'm at. Just a hop/skip/jump to TourDeForce), Boynton Beach, Lantana, PB Gardens, etc?

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
PM sent

Thanks again for the help! I'm still working out the details, but I am pretty sure this job is a sure thing. I'm so sick of the bitter winter cold.... this is the move I really could use

If you move here to West Palm Beach. Ill buy you dinner. Then you can turbo my car

99 T-RED 3L SVT Apillar Guages How-To 3L 98 CSVT SF/MB 4 SALE 7500 obo pm me
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Humidity and heat is fine with me! I have grown to hate dealing with snow and nasty cold 4+ months out of the year. When I was in the Army, I was at Ft.Benning a fair amount during the summer. I think I can hack civi. life by the beach

I'll help you guys out with coming up with a turbo system, it's not as hard as most think.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I moved from northern Maine to south Florida. No ill effects here.

Despite what Gilroy suggests, I would NOT live in Lake worth. The uncertainty, questionalble reliability, & added expense of the electrical utility makes it a gamble I would not take. I used to have an appartment that was served by Lake Worth Utilities & I will never deal with them again. That was back in the early-mid 80s. I can only suppose it's gotten worse from hearing the complaints that have been making news since last hurricane season.

Not to worry, I'll do some scouting on Saturday & maybe snap some pictures. Palm Springs is pretty nice, but I'm unsure if LW Utilities serves that area...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
liquidX might be able to help ya out. let me see if i can find his e-mail and ill shoot ya a pm with his e-mail

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Palm Springs is pretty nice, but I'm unsure if LW Utilities serves that area...

If I remember correctly, Palm Springs is under FPL.

Oh, and btw, Lake Worth recently passed a resolution for its power problem. They're gonna MODIFY it. Instead of getting rid of the thing, they're gonna modify it! I'm really pissed at them.

Just wait until the hurricanes come rolling in again!

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by gilroynewball:

Just wait until the hurricanes come rolling in again!

Job security for me, as long as I survive

Well I have secured a position in Florida, but I won't be coming out as soon as I had thought. I can do a lot of homework until I do.

Some questions for you all...
1) What areas have a low crime rate that's reasonably close to West Palm Beach? (Let's say within a 1/2 hour w/ traffic)

2) I'm going to rent/lease until I get a feel for the area. Are there any good sites that list condos, town houses, houses and non-complex type apartments?

3) How are the streets? Salt Lake City and the surrounding cities have tons of deep dips, pot holes, driveways, etc that make having a molded mirko a nightmare.
Also, how are the emissions testing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard