Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
But what is the point of installing the new door on a old assembly? It's so much easier to swap the door assembly as one complete piece.

Quite simple - to swap the door assembly is bound to take longer, whereas to swap the door only should take a minute - of course provided it's possible. Also, Hector - why bother if it's the same part, the same product, the same assembly - just one part is gone?

The question was about the pins the door is secured on:

So I attempted to pry the door off them pins but couldn't do from the first try. How should I proceed?

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by 00 SVEET:
The guys got 5000 posts and you can't figure out what he's asking??? The answer is YES.....

the number of posts' one has doesn't void an awkward question that is hard to understand lol--

hope you figured out what you were lookin for

Black '99 CSVT #741 of 2760 Magnaflow:Knauberized:Mirko:Tinted25%:FogMod:B&G SportSprings:IndigloHvac/Headlight
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by B.Brattina:

hope you figured out what you were lookin for

Nope

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
You open the door about 45 degrees, the push in really hard. Then, the door will come off. Be careful because a black plastic cam and spring will fly out.

I'm still baffled at your original post.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Chickens:
You open the door about 45 degrees, the push in really hard. Then, the door will come off. Be careful because a black plastic cam and spring will fly out.

Finally! Thanks a lot. Also, to put it back - should I do the same, i.e. open it 45 degrees and try to push it in?

Originally posted by Chickens:
I'm still baffled at your original post.

Please look up www.chicken.com

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by R_G:
Also, to put it back - should I do the same, i.e. open it 45 degrees and try to push it in?

It's a little harder to put back on. You have to put the spring and cam back in and push down really hard in order for the door to slide in.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Thanks! Wait, the black cam and the spring are still in place in my existing assembly...

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by R_G:
Thanks! Wait, the black cam and the spring are still in place in my existing assembly...

Well the one I have (eh hem, the very first one on a Contour ) had the cam and spring always wanting to fly out. Maybe they updated it since April 2001.

R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
IC. I am gonna post an update soon. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard