Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
hey i just got the koni and ground controls and i already have the camber kit on my car with h&r lowing springs on stock shocks now do i still need the camber kit for the ground controls and konis and if so how to i adjust the konis with the camber kit on the top plat covers that

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Take a breath.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
do not use the camber plates with the konis - I have heard that it puts too much stress on the shaft of the strut and they might break.... I have the konis and GC, just took it out today - oh my oh my..... you will be HAPPY with that set up.

EGPLNT:MY 95' SE MTX SVT *200,000 MILE CLUB* 6/06/06 - 201,000 MILES
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
do not use the camber plates with the konis - I have heard that it puts too much stress on the shaft of the strut and they might break.... I have the konis and GC, just took it out today - oh my oh my..... you will be HAPPY with that set up.

How do you figure? The mounting with the camber kits are no different than stock, with the exception of the ecentric plates which change the caster/camber. I've had mine on for over 2 years with no problems

To be honest I still don't even understand all the fuss about the top plates and why people think it is necessay to get "upgraded ones". These things are not a performance thing and are only really there to hold the struts to teh tower if the car is airborne and the struts are fully extended.

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er

Did you have to cut your Koni shocks to work with the Ground Controls and is the highest setting on the Ground Controls on the back tires still tuking the tire.Seems kinda low to me to be on the hightest setting.

Last edited by 99contoursvt; 03/31/06 04:28 AM.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
My konis were cut by koni - you can order them that way. You do not have to cut the konis but you would at least have to grind out parts of the perch - I would reccomend cutting them off though... Ummmmm about the tucking of the wheels, it depends on rim size and so on.... start with the coller half way and go from there.... JOE

EGPLNT:MY 95' SE MTX SVT *200,000 MILE CLUB* 6/06/06 - 201,000 MILES
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by timeless420:

How do you figure? The mounting with the camber kits are no different than stock, with the exception of the ecentric plates which change the caster/camber. I've had mine on for over 2 years with no problems

To be honest I still don't even understand all the fuss about the top plates and why people think it is necessay to get "upgraded ones". These things are not a performance thing and are only really there to hold the struts to teh tower if the car is airborne and the struts are fully extended.

I guess your top hats have never bent after torquing them to spec then? Mine spun around and where totally useless. Many have experienced this.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Okay...I accept the fact that they spin, but that is the nature of the offset mounts and not fitting into the stock recesses.

What I am questioning is how is this a problem? They still do the same job right? They are no less safe than the stock setup and if they become one, well let's say that if you have your car airbone in such a manner you will have other problems.

Personally I still see no true justification for these other caps and I will stand by that until someone provides a reason other than them spining. And btw....taking the car to the track 4 or more times a season since I've had these and probably driving the car harder than 90% of the people on here with no adverse affects counts for more than anything in my books.

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Mine didn't warp from driving they warped from being torqued to spec! Then after driving they got even worse.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I don't know how they can't get bent when you tighten them. They are about as strong as a wet noodle. Tony's plates are a must IMO.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard