Next Thread
Print Thread
A
acammer Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Just putting in my K&N and when I attached the MAF adaptor to the MAF, there is a small, but certainly noticable gap between the adaptor and the MAF surface. So, what have you guys been doing with this? Making a gasket is probably what I will do, but I was just interested to see if there are any other quick fixes.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Did you get the screen/gasket. That's what went between my adapter and my MAF. Check BAT or SPMotorsports for the screen.

Last edited by getsum111; 03/30/06 05:12 PM.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
i didn't use one at all and there is no gap on mine..

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
The car will run without the MAF gasket, but under heavy stopping the car will get confused and stall because of an air leak. Happenned to me when I forgot to install the new gasket and went out for a test drive.

See if you can get another gasket, isn't one suppposed to come with the adaptor though?

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Pre98:

See if you can get another gasket, isn't one suppposed to come with the adaptor though?

Not with ant I've ordered...

A
acammer Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
I bought the adaptor and filter used, so no gasket. It looked like the screen and gasket from the stock setup might work, but its a bit to big. I've sealed off around the maf and adaptor so I can't up any air through there, that'll be my bandaide fix till I make a gasket. Car sounds great with a big throaty intake now.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard