Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bigerik Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
A LITTLE off topic here, but I must say how extremely annoyed I am with Rogers cable. Any bitcomet users in Toronto will have seen the incredible decrease in download speeds. I paid extra to get the Extreme service, and now they are limited the download speeds when downloading torrent files.
Who else are you all using? Looking at dumping Rogers alltogether and maybe going DSL. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Erik

95 LX/SE V6 5 Speed NUN 1 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/588083 "The Contour SE is the best American car I have ever driven and one of the best cars period." Larry Griffin - C&D
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Change your port from the default BitTorrent port. Worked for me. Still get up around 150 vs the 20 I was getting when they started packet shaping.

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
dont get rogers ineternet up around here, but i switched cell phone service from bell to rogers and couldnt be happier! I friggin hate bell!

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I've been having issues with Sympatico over the last month,
so if you don't like to surf the net then choose Sympatico.

If it's Torrents and you want speed then look at the links.
If you don't use Azureus Beta the links may change your mind.

Linky

Download Azureus Beta
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/File-Sharing/Azureus.shtml

How to install
http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/CVS
You must install the regular Azureus first and then drop the Beta .rar file you download into the program folder.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
man, get away from torrents. You're not going to get near the speed as you would with news groups!

I lothe torrents. But at any rate, I think rogers is # 1 in my book. In london here, they treat me great. I've got the highest internet they have, and the speeds are incredible.

I download, VOIP, and online game with out any slow down.

Thank you Rogers

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'm happy with Rogers too.. I have 2 Computers and 2 Wireless Laptops all downloading at the same time with no problems..

Seems to me that the Torrent is the issue.. I would look online for solutions to slow downs for that..

cheers

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
i think the link chongo gave has the solution for the torrents bogging

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:
man, get away from torrents. You're not going to get near the speed as you would with news groups!

I lothe torrents. But at any rate, I think rogers is # 1 in my book. In london here, they treat me great. I've got the highest internet they have, and the speeds are incredible.

I download, VOIP, and online game with out any slow down.

Thank you Rogers

Did Rogers get rid of their free NGSs? What do you use now?

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
yes they did. however they weren't that great anyways. Rarely was anything fully posted.

good service

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I subscribe to a third party too. Rogers NG had a very limited download speed. I use www.newshosting.com and max my download speed anytime I'm downloading.

Brian W.
--------------------
Black 1998 SE 5 speed - TOTALLED

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard