Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
I thought borla piping was 3"...I guess I thought wrong... troutslap for my stupidty.

What about the bends aren't there crushed bends on the stock exhaust and mandrel bends on the borla?I think i might be calling for another troutslap.haha

Another trout slap.

The SVT exhaust is mandrel bent stainless steel. Replace the resonator and it performs like a Borla. (for $50) Also replace the rear mufflers and it out performs it. ($100 more)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
It's a fine (if expensive) upgrade for a normal 2.5L, but as Demon pointed out, there are cheaper alternatives.

I bought mine waaayyyy back before I knew better. I could have fitted SVT piping and changed out components for far less, but I've been happy with the Borla, otherwise.

With a 3.0, you definitely want larger piping.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I have no complaints with my Borla, i was looking for something a little different that wouldn't be too loud. Sounds great with my headers and i didn't pay that much cuz i bought it used. Even if i'm not getting EVERY possible hp out of my SVT i would sacrifice a few for the nice quiet ride on the highway anyday. Besides, the Borla exhaust has a few less sharp bends that might make it slightly better than stock SVT and you can't beat those tips

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Yea you guys couldn't of said it any better.Borla saounds amazing in my opinion.I bought mine before I joined this site and I didn't know abnout the trubendZ...O well I love it anyways...and yes the tips .

99 SVT/silver frost....with "some" mods SVT FLYWHEEL 4 SALE!!! PM me
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard