Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
anyone ever have problems with this harness? My speaker has quit as well as the door lock and window occasionally. How hard is it to repair/replace?

M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
Sounds alot to me like it is the conection right at the door. IIRC it is a twist mechanism that might just be a little loose.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Understand that I have never had the panels off on my SVT, but it sounds to me like you have a loose connection on a wiring harness in the door. I would pull the door panel, go in, and clean all the contacts, as well as using some dielectric grease to make sure things are well sealed up. At the bare minimum, I would check it out, as it is often something simple like that. Hope this is of some help.

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Hi Phil, the twist mechanism do they have contacts or do the wires run threw them? Does this assembly twist off at the door and the door post? I cannot find my CD to check how this is made. Thx Also when the door is fully open the door lock sound (horrible) comes threw the speakers hahahah

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
nice find!

95 Merc Stique Zetec 2.0 Auto
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Watch out for the black adhesive from hell, it stick to everything.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I know how the door panel comes off and have had it off a long time ago. The issue I have is the sleeves( where I know the problem is, if I wiggle the sleeve the connection comes and goes) between the door and the door jam. Does this just twist off or do the wires run threw this into the door , I hope I do not have to remove the door to repair the wires. Any more insight into this? Thx guys Right now nothing works in the car doors

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Watch out for the black adhesive from hell, it stick to everything.

Oh Yah I forgot about that alien gooooooo....

Originally posted by Stephen Fischer:
Does this just twist off or do the wires run threw this into the door

Well You could of found it at the link I posted above.
All you had to do was look under doors...
Linky
Fig. 3: Rotate the connector to remove the wire harness from the door

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Stephen Fischer:
Hi Phil, the twist mechanism do they have contacts or do the wires run threw them? Does this assembly twist off at the door and the door post? I cannot find my CD to check how this is made. Thx Also when the door is fully open the door lock sound (horrible) comes threw the speakers hahahah

OK, something has to be loose in there, because it sounds to me like something isn't properly grounded. If the door lock sound is coming through the speakers when the door is open, I would guess that the door is grounding against the body when closed.

Like I said, I've never had it apart myself, so I can't get too specific.....

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard