Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Hey all. I installed Bendix Tit. pads with new rotors from Stazi back in 2003. Since then I have put ~ 30K miles on them with the past year consisting of only traveling ~ 40 miles/week. I do not abuse the car in any way with the car being used mostly as a commuter car for work.

Anyhow, while driving around last week I heard a big thud and noticed a shimmering from the front left wheel. I sat the car for a week until I could change the brakes this weekend. Well, I'll let the picture do most of the speaking... but 3 out of 4 of the front pads seperated from the backing plate. The left front, inside pad was half missing.

While changing the fronts I also swapped my wheels & tires from the Winters to the FSVT 17's. I did not anticipate the rears having the same problem, but low and behold upon inspecting the right rear, the inside pad had NO pad... just the backing plate.

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black (Mine) - Winter 3.0 Project 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV (Wifes) www.SuperHawkForum.com
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I had that happen with that type pad on my Dodge Lancer, pieces fell off. Your mileage is normal life, but it seems the pads would stay attached! My theory is rivets and rust make it fracture, although your pads have no rivets. [It looks like your front pads had rivets, my Mystiques did not]. It must be rust or adhesive failure. I am sure you needed rotors too. I had nice thick lining just disappear one day on my Dodge. I am glad cars stop metal to metal

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard