Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Not to blab on and on about this latest mod, but holy crap does it improve drivability! I just got back from tooling around and am totally impressed with how much this has improved my setup. I am now confident on having this car as a daily driver, and am looking forward to cranking the boost up this week.

This is a must for a turbo contique IMO, hands down!

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Looks great!

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
Not to blab on and on about this latest mod, but holy crap does it improve drivability! I just got back from tooling around and am totally impressed with how much this has improved my setup. I am now confident on having this car as a daily driver, and am looking forward to cranking the boost up this week.

I'm gonna have to try this now ASAP.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Basically, you have mimiced the stock setup, but instead of the "before the turbo", the stock setup would be "before the throttle body" ... is this correct?

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:

I'm gonna have to try this now ASAP.

Oh yeah, don't take my word for it.

Hehehe. I'm the driveability-King remember?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Basically, you have mimiced the stock setup, but instead of the "before the turbo", the stock setup would be "before the throttle body" ... is this correct?

????
Nope. Air inlet is AFTER the MAF, BEFORE the TURBO. The PCV outlet hooks up as normal using a normal contour PCV valve.

For best results use a compressor bypass valve instead of a blow-off valve......... Even I couldn't bring myself to be so pedestrian as to use a bypass over a good Type RFL. The blow-off sounds so friggin cool!

I laugh now because of how many people told me not to hook the system up that way. That's okay for a Honda or something but not for the MAF system.
I love Fords MAF system, it is so far superior to the speed density system!!!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard