Print Thread
#1533418 03/23/06 03:23 PM
D
DESIGN Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I am purchasing an Esslinger pulley (used one/great deal) and will need the belt for it. After searching I came up with Gates part number K060815. Can anybody confirm this? I would also like to hear your thoughts on if the overdrive alt pulley is a wise purchase. I don't have a big system just an amp with a 10 in the trunk. I also have proburner fogs so there is some additional pull on the electrical but may not be excesive.

BTW if anyone has a/the removable splash shield cover that goes over the crank pulley I need one. Apparently at some time ago the one that should be on my car was lost. This means that everytime it rains I'll get belt squeal/slippage as water gets on the belt. So if you know of one for sale let me know.

Thanks,
Jon

#1533419 03/24/06 05:45 AM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I'm using a UR under drive crank and a AEM overdrive on the alt. I found the stock belt too big and had to go down a size or 2. I'm not sure with your pully, but best to see how the stock belt looks and then choose from there to go up or down. As far as what you'll see.. Well I did both my pullies at the sametime, I noticed a little more when you are moving say 40 and want to jump up in speed, seems to allow the engine rpm to come up quicker. They do claim a 2-5 hp gain iirc.

They drop rotational mass with a lighter pully, usally stock could be about 3-5lb maybe and the under drive about 1+lb also with the undersize, think of it as a 10speed bike, if you drop the front pedals gear (your legs being the engine) to it's smaller gear you feel less, and your legs want to move alittle easier, but at the same time the driving is slower (well in this case the accessories spin slower) the crank drives the xmission so more kinda goes there (I think that sounds right) now effect on the alt is unknow to me, my charging system seems to be fine. Power steering fine, and A/C works fine. As long as the pully isn't undersized too much it should be safe for everyday driving. In the case of an alt spinning to slow, I think the regulator will try to comp too much for the lack of voltage/current being made and could fail shortly.

And best to junkyard hope for the splash shield. or fordparts is a site to check.

Last edited by jd28; 03/24/06 05:48 AM.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard