Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Im looking to pick up another set to finish off my setup. Right now I have Crystal 5x7's in the fronts and stockers in the back. The crystals are o.k. but I want something better. The model I have is not produced any more and the new model they jumped the price on considerably. I'm not so impressed w/ them anyway that I would buy another set.

What I want is a simple drop in. I don't to have to fab up anything. So what do you guys suggest? I have an alpine 9833 w/ the built in v-drive (I think thats what its called...slipped my mind at the moment)so I want something that will sound good w/ the HU powering it. I don't want to run an additional amp. I'm thinking about moving the crystals to the back and putting in something better up front.

Ideas?

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I've got Polk db507's and I really love them, but they aren't exactly cheap. I ran Pioneer 6x8's powered by an Orion 40004, and they sounded really good. For the money, they are a good choice. Just my .02.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Currently running Polk Momo's up front and they sound pretty good.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by getsum111:
I've got Polk db507's and I really love them, but they aren't exactly cheap. I ran Pioneer 6x8's powered by an Orion 40004, and they sounded really good. For the money, they are a good choice. Just my .02.

Do you mean the db570, thats what I have in all four speaker places. For my first set of aftermarket speakers and I like them. Even though they do distort a bit when the bass is turned up with the volume, but what speaker doesn't. You can find the specs for them here. I found those speakers at Circuit City and got a deal of "buy first set, get second half off" so I had four speakers and installation just below $200.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
what ever you do don't get polk ex357, my stock speakers sounded better. (I got them for free, so I can't really complain)

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
any other ideas? I want a quality sounding set that I can power off the V-drive Alpine. I want something w/ crisp highs and mid range and good bass responce. I have one 12 to fill in the lower bass.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
you would probably be better off going with a set of components.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by ZetecGL:
you would probably be better off going with a set of components.

I dont want to have to fab up a moutning plate etc.

Are there any quality components in which case I would not have to fab up anything. If so what are they.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
you can buy mounting plates pretty cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/INFINITY-REFERENCE-5010CS-5-1-4-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-225W_W0QQitemZ5881459824QQcategoryZ32818QQcmdZViewItem

those are what I have and even with 22wrms going to them they sound great

T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
ok so are these the best component speakers for under $100. Thats pretty much all I want to pay.

Also where can I pick up some mounting plates for cheap?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard