Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
i cant run autocross with subframe connecters can i?

And i cant do track with subframe connecters either(not drag) Also, would adding 6.5 quarts of oil help during a track day?

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Yes you can run AutoX no problem.

I am not sure what class they put you in.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Tourige:

Sure you can. You'll be running in a heavily prepared class, but what class you're in doesn't really matter for local events. I belive you'd be in Street Mod.

Quote:

And i cant do track with subframe connecters either(not drag) Also, would adding 6.5 quarts of oil help during a track day?

Are you asking if you can do a track day with subframe connectors? You certainly can: there are no class rules about car prep, since it's not a competition. And yes, I'd go with 6.5 qts for any track time. I'd really consider an accusump if you're going to do much track time, but there are some people that have done a lot of track time with just an extra quart of oil, and had no problems.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Originally posted by Tourige:

Sure you can. You'll be running in a heavily prepared class, but what class you're in doesn't really matter for local events. I belive you'd be in Street Mod.

Quote:

Are you asking if you can do a track day with subframe connectors? You certainly can: there are no class rules about car prep, since it's not a competition. And yes, I'd go with 6.5 qts for any track time. I'd really consider an accusump if you're going to do much track time, but there are some people that have done a lot of track time with just an extra quart of oil, and had no problems.

i dont plan on doing much tracking, ill probably do it 3-4 times over the course of the summer.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
So you think a person should go with performance pully's instead..? I know there are prob alot of posts on this already but i thought this would be good for the AUTO-X fourms!
You guys have been a great help thanks
The Noob from ND

I just bought some Enkei J-10 rims with some BF goodrich G-Force T/A KDW NT tires (They look MEAN) and made my own battery relocation kit. I plan on racing ALOT this summer.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
If you want to get that last one-onethousandth of a second, the lighter underdriven pulley might get it for you. The DMD might cost you 0.001 second. But, for a streetable car, the DMD is reported to make the engine feel much better at high revs.

In other words, it's not a big deal. Don't sweat power. Going to Falken Azenis over the BFGs would be worth a lot more times. If you like the idea of a smother-revving engine, then go ahead and get a DMD. It won't cost you any real time.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I'd recommend underdriven accessory pullies over the crank pully. You'll also want to make sure you have good powersteering fluid (Redline). I cooked my p/s pump during some summer events 2 years ago. Since then, my p/s is underdriven, has redline, and I'm looking into a better p/s cooler.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
Well this 15th marks the first time im going to auto-x my svt. I will keep you posted as to how i do. Thanks for the oil pan info!
Jake the noob from ND

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it goes!

W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
If you want to get that last one-onethousandth of a second, the lighter underdriven pulley might get it for you. The DMD might cost you 0.001 second. But, for a streetable car, the DMD is reported to make the engine feel much better at high revs.

Have you officially rethought your position on this matter?

Yes, I bought a Unorthodox crankshaft pulley for the Miata. Hell for $120 off, I couldn't say no. Worse comes to worse, I'll sell it at a profit anyway.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard