Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Might be a long shot, but does anybody know how I could get the guages to light up without having them inside the car? I have a spare mystique cluster I just got today and I'm modding the guages, and I don't want to have to tear my whole dash apart to get them to light up to see how they look.

Any help will be appreciated.

-Thanks

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by ZetecGL:
Might be a long shot, but does anybody know how I could get the guages to light up without having them inside the car? I have a spare mystique cluster I just got today and I'm modding the guages, and I don't want to have to tear my whole dash apart to get them to light up to see how they look.

Any help will be appreciated.

-Thanks

Find out what is positive/negative....get some wire and use the battery.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I was thinking more of a plug into a 12v power supply (IE my computer) If I can, do that.. however.

I'll try and find the positive and negative though.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
find the neg/pos, and use a 9 volt battery. like the ones found in smoke alarms. theyll be a bit dimmer then the normal 12V, but you can get the general gist of the lights without too much hassle

99 V6SE Sport ATX
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
well I can't find a 9v battery here, So I think i'll wait till tomarrow, I have to change one of the back lights (behind the high-beam light) so I'll just plug it in to the car tomarrow. Thanks for the replys though.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Unplug a random bulb, then put a flashlight in the hole. That will tell you what the bulb is for. Do it till you find the bulb you need.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Matt R:
Unplug a random bulb, then put a flashlight in the hole. That will tell you what the bulb is for. Do it till you find the bulb you need.

I know what bulb I need for my cluster in my car, I'm trying to light up the cluster I have in my house

Anyhow, I played around with my other desktop's PSU and got the full tach to light up and half of the speedo, So heres its the speedo guage so far (I still might paint it blue)..

Sorry it's kinda dim...

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
All you need to do is touch 2 wires to the 2 metal parts where the bulbs twist on.

Tyler

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard