Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Chris at CTA Motorsports can order a case.. anybody want to join in to cut costs down??

Royal Purple Synchromax is what ppl are starting to put in there MTX-75 transmissions to keep them from hard shifting in the winter..

I have Mobil1 ATF + XL7 but everyone is starting to switch and this winter it was still tough to shift gears when cold..

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
here is a post in transaxle:

"My Synchros aren't so great. My biggest problem has been the 1-2 shift, it used to crunch a little when the temps outside were 40 or lower.
Based on advice I got here at CEG, I had been running ATF+3, dino. It was doing pretty well. For the money it was the best fluid I have tried. I think it was starting to break down (shifts getting harder when cold) and so I decided to try a different fluid.

I replaced the fluid with Royal Purple SynchroMax a few days ago. After a few cold days of driving (right around freezing) I can say my transmission is shifting easier, and synchros are behaving better than they have in probably the past 30-40k miles. I am VERY pleased!

I won't make a blanket statement, but, for MY car and for the Cleveland climate, Royal Purple is the best fluid I've come across.

From my trials, I would rank them like this:
#1 Royal Purple (easy shifts, no crunching into second)
#2 ATF+3 (Quaker State dino) (shifted easily, occasionally crunched)
#3 Redline MTL (shifted easily enough but crunched too often while cold, even though I had added FM)
#4 Factory Fill (hard shifts, crunching when cold)
#5 Ford Honey (unbearable. to go into 1st, car had to be at a complete stop, then i had to double clutch. never did 1-2 in the first 10 minutes of driving, had to go to 3rd. )

Brian "

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
How would this price compare to NAPA?

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I love this stuff. I put it in my tranny last October and haven't had a problem since. Cold weather shifting was as good as any other fluid in the warmest of weather.

Do you know what the price will be? I bought it from Performance Improvements for $10.99 per quart.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
The price would be $12 / quart including taxes..

not that much cheaper but CTAmotorsports is right next door for me.. so I would jump on this price..

any takers? we need 4 ppl x 3 for a 12 Case I'm assuming..

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard