Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1530385 03/20/06 02:10 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
How do you do it? I'm sick of it coming up everytime i turn the CD player on.

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Hmmmm... I got an Alpine deck and the only time the antenna comes up is when I change it to the radio. But when on CD, it is down. I'm thinking if you got a deck with that internal switch, it'll fix the issue. I think there is a harness on the antenna itself that is removable.

"Speak English... I am speaking Engrish..." Steve Chang 99 Silver SVT Contour #196 (Garaged) 06 Dark Blue Pearl Fusion SE V6 (Daily) 05 Dark Shadow Grey Freestyle Limited AWD
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Yeah, I know. It annoyed the hell out of me having the antenna come up everytime I turned the stereo on even if I always used the CD player, stupid thing was up.

Now with my Alpine it's only up when I run the radio, which is almost never.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I pulled the power to my antenna motor by simply pulling the plug attaching to the motor. Pretty simple. But now it never comes up. Your FM reception will be affected and you might lose most AM signals.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I recall PT95LS tapped into the power signal and installed a switch right below his head unit so that it only came up when he had the switch thrown. Not certain how though and his website no longer exists.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
I pulled the power to my antenna motor by simply pulling the plug attaching to the motor. Pretty simple. But now it never comes up. Your FM reception will be affected and you might lose most AM signals.

Wheres the plug at?

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Well if you are that concerned, hook up an inturrupter switch to it running to a 12 volt source or just tap inthe the radio harness obviously the blue wire with an inturrupter switch.

Now you have full control and do not have toworry about what kind of deck you have.

i know what you mean, the antennae is huge, but i dont mind itup, cuz i dont see it

oh and SKRILLA, why did you "rice" out your contour??
Just curious because its an american car. I like what you did to it because its different but it just looks better on a civic. Thats just my opinion...

but yeah use the inturrupter switch, what does everyone else think?

Last edited by ContourSVT93; 03/20/06 04:29 AM.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:
Well if you are that concerned, hook up an inturrupter switch to it running to a 12 volt source or just tap inthe the radio harness obviously the blue wire with an inturrupter switch.

Now you have full control and do not have toworry about what kind of deck you have.

i know what you mean, the antennae is huge, but i dont mind itup, cuz i dont see it

oh and SKRILLA, why did you "rice" out your contour??
Just curious because its an american car. I like what you did to it because its different but it just looks better on a civic. Thats just my opinion...

but yeah use the inturrupter switch, what does everyone else think?

SE is rice if you wanna call it that. Thats got a shaved antenna.

The antenna problem is on my SVT. Which is not getting any rice. Just gonna get faster.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
About where that plug is: Have you pulled the trunk liner on the passenger side, where your antenna is? Do that and you will find it. I don't mean the lead that hooks up to the mast for your reception, I mean the several small wires that all plug together into the antenna up/down motor, almost like wires for a phone connection.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
About where that plug is: Have you pulled the trunk liner on the passenger side, where your antenna is? Do that and you will find it. I don't mean the lead that hooks up to the mast for your reception, I mean the several small wires that all plug together into the antenna up/down motor, almost like wires for a phone connection.

Yeah, I unhooked mine since it stripped out. Now I just force the antenna up or down at will... was thinking of either shaving it when time for a new paint job (soon!), or getting one of those Ebay antennas.

Just pull back the carpeting like mentioned and you won't be able to miss it!

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard