Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Remember the 1/4" inch camber plates Thinkmoto use to make? Is there any way to still get those? Anyone besides me still want a set?

Hey Thinkmoto, what would it take to convince you to go through all that again?

I have the camber plate kit, but 3/16" just looks too flimsy to me.

If anyone has an unused set of Thinkmoto�s upgraded plates they don�t need...

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I was wondering about that myself...

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Me 3

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
If I were to do it again, I'd only do it in stainless. Mine have some surface rust, and I only drove it probably 5000 miles with them on, and it's in the garage all winter.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I have contacted ThinkMoto recently about the upgraded plates and he said he is willing to make some. I would just have to let him know, and he still charges $40.

"Sound Quality Loud" SVT 1998.5 Silver CSVT
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SQLSVT:
I have contacted ThinkMoto recently about the upgraded plates and he said he is willing to make some. I would just have to let him know, and he still charges $40.

I'm in for two sets! How much shipping and where should I send my money?

Is this a potential group-buy? (NOT looking for a price reduction)

IMHO, the peace of mind afforded by these robust plates is well worth the price.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

IMHO, the peace of mind afforded by these robust plates is well worth the price.

When I said I contacted Thinkmoto recently I mean a a few days ago (before you started this thread) I sent him a PM asking him if he would still be willing to make me some of the upgraded plates. He said that he could but I would have to let him know (aka-PM him again).

It sounds like you want some of the upgraded plates, and I told Thinkmoto that I was just going to wait and see how my current plates hold up. I will PM Thinkmoto and bring this thread to his attention, and maybe he will be interested in starting another GB of his plates.

"Sound Quality Loud" SVT 1998.5 Silver CSVT
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

For $40, I'll definitely jump in.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J

When I said I contacted Thinkmoto recently I mean a a few days ago (before you started this thread) I sent him a PM asking him if he would still be willing to make me some of the upgraded plates. He said that he could but I would have to let him know (aka-PM him again).

It sounds like you want some of the upgraded plates, and I told Thinkmoto that I was just going to wait and see how my current plates hold up. I will PM Thinkmoto and bring this thread to his attention, and maybe he will be interested in starting another GB of his plates.

Thank you for that. I think thinkmoto's solution to the plate movement/flexing problem is the best (and only) available now.
Although like you, if I had already installed the unreinforced camber kits, I would wait to see if I had a problem. Many people have reported no problems whatsoever.

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
I was wondering about that myself...

Me too, especially since we aren't getting camber kits with that D2 group buy suspension (if it ever shows up). I only hope that SPC or whatever kit will work with the D2 stuff. Either that or the BAT camber kit. Decisions decisions....
Karl

*** It's all about consistency! *** *** Previously 88SVT *** 06 F150 Supercrew 5.4L FX4 98 SVT Contour #4362 Born 1/6/1998 86 Ranger GT (For Sale) 69 Fiat 850 Sport Spider (For Sale) 67 Formula-S Barracuda
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard