Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
I have a 2000 Contour SVT with the BAT Euro kit struts + springs. I have a 12" JL W7 in the trunk, + 2 large amps which really weigh down the back. There is not much clearance there, and with passengers there is major rubbing issues.

Is it possible for me to switch out the rear suspensions for something else that will raise the overall height of the car while still compensating for the weight. Even now it sometimes looks like the rear of the car is sagging, so if I could get the rear up some how. How would this affect my performance in handling?

-Andrew 2000 Black CSVT My Cardomain
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Put the stock springs back in the rear. That would life it!!
And fix that back end sag.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I had a problem very similar to yours. I have a feeling that my truck might even weigh more than yours. I have two JL 10W7s (30 lbs. each), 3 amps, A lot of weight in MDF to fabricate the sub enclosures, amp rack, and the side trim panels for the X-overs. Also there is the weight of an optima yellow top, dynamat, and to top it all off my spare tire!

So yeah you could say I had some serious rear end saggage with the stock SVT suspension.

I did some searching here on CEG, and contacted SoundQSVT, who had a problem like ours and he suggested H&R springs because they lower the front more-so relative to the rear.

With the H&R springs on my car now it handles better than the stock SVT suspension (minus the stereo) and it has a nice lowered, while still being level look.

"Sound Quality Loud" SVT 1998.5 Silver CSVT
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
When we did SQL's suspension we ended up actually RAISING the rear of the car in relation to where it was on the stock suspension!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SQLSVT:
I had a problem very similar to yours. I have a feeling that my truck might even weigh more than yours. I have two JL 10W7s (30 lbs. each), 3 amps, A lot of weight in MDF to fabricate the sub enclosures, amp rack, and the side trim panels for the X-overs. Also there is the weight of an optima yellow top, dynamat, and to top it all off my spare tire!

So yeah you could say I had some serious rear end saggage with the stock SVT suspension.

I did some searching here on CEG, and contacted SoundQSVT, who had a problem like ours and he suggested H&R springs because they lower the front more-so relative to the rear.

With the H&R springs on my car now it handles better than the stock SVT suspension (minus the stereo) and it has a nice lowered, while still being level look.

Before upgrading my suspension, I had so much rear sag on stock springs that I looked like I was launching from a stop even though I wasn't moving.

I put in the H&R's and the front dropped quite a bit and the rear actually came up about 1/2 an inch. When I take my sub box out (with 2 12" Xtant X series subs and made from 1.5" MDF) the rear lifts up another .5" to .75".

It has a really flat look to it on the H&R's with the weight in the rear, even after 3 years.

Bob Johann SoundQ SVT 1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088 2001 IASCA Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 SLAP Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 MECA SQL Master Class Champion 2003 IASCA StreetX 1-600 Champion 2005 SLAP Expert Street Champion
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
Before upgrading my suspension, I had so much rear sag on stock springs that I looked like I was launching from a stop even though I wasn't moving.

I think I remember seeing a brief feature of your car in I believe it was Car Sound & Performance a while ago when you had the stock suspension and I believe E0 wheels.

Your right, your car did look like that, which is pretty much how mine use to look also.

"Sound Quality Loud" SVT 1998.5 Silver CSVT

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard