Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1528781 03/17/06 08:04 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I'm not sure how many people have seen the Zetec engine dyno data from the '03 FRPP Catalog. I decided to type it up...

http://home.wi.rr.com/buttonpuncher/Contour/Zetec_Dyno.xls

It's really cool because it shows how much each modification helps/hurts. Please keep in mind that this was from an '03 Focus Zetec.

I added the HP/TQ gain chart at the bottom.

HTH,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Great info. I would not have figured a crank pulley netting similar gains to compared to headers. 'Course they were using a shorty header, not a long tube header like on Tourettes Zetec.

They should add a HP/$ column too.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Ask and you shall receive.

BTW, you may have to hit reload on your browser to see the changes.

Mod, is this worth a sticky?

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Not everyone has Excel!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
Not everyone has Excel!

I don't have Excel, and I see it perfectly with QuickView Plus. If that makes a difference.

That sucks, the only true engine modification I've done is the K&N air filter. Oh well, at least it has some improvement and has a million mile warranty.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I was going to make it an htm file but it was 10X the size of the Excel file. Let me see if I can clean some stuff off my site just for you Hector.

BP

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I managed to shrink it down quite a bit. Here you guys go...

http://home.wi.rr.com/buttonpuncher/Contour/Zetec_Dyno.htm

No Excel needed.

So Hector, is this worth a sticky or what?

BP

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
I managed to shrink it down quite a bit. Here you guys go...

http://home.wi.rr.com/buttonpuncher/Contour/Zetec_Dyno.htm

No Excel needed.

So Hector, is this worth a sticky or what?

BP

Done!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I am under the impression that for every pound of rotational weight that is reduced, there is an increase of 2.7 HP. Is my assumption correct?
So, a crank pulley (underdrive and lightened) is worth 5 horses, fine.
I feel that the sheer weight reduction of a Fidanza flywheel should be worth 15 horses.
Am I off-base here?

96 GL-Sport 2.0L, MTX Bernardo Bourges' CTA CAI, Dmitri's SVT E0s rims, 205/55R-16, Dunlop SPs.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by shamun:
...for every pound of rotational weight that is reduced, there is an increase of 2.7 HP. Is my assumption correct?

I've never heard that specific stat. It would make sense that by replacing your stock (heavy) flywheel with something lighter, you would see some nice gains. I'm not sure about 15HP. That sounds like quite a bit.

The thing about replacing your crank pulley is that it slows everything down. That frees up alot of wasted energy at high rpms plus it is easier to get your accesoories moving at low rpms. It is probably the equivalent of reducing your rotational mass by a couple/few pounds.

If anyone has dyno readings of a before/after with a lightened flywheel, please speak up!

BP

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard