Next Thread
Print Thread
#1528233 03/17/06 12:57 AM
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Ok My current setup now finished is Sony MEX headunit, Sony 6X8's up front and sony 6x9 in the rear (had to redrill the holes). Monster wiring going to my Power Acoustic Capacitor and 2 2005 Kicker L7 Solarbarics...on my Kicker 2000 watt amp. I've checked double checked and triple checked...And for some reason I can't get the speakers inside speakers to work.

When I first finished the project, Everything worked fine but slowly the rear speakers went and the the front driver speaker went out. And its not like they died...there was no pop, crackle, fizz....DEATH. They just stopped playing. I checked wiring, I checked fuses; everything is in order. I don't know what the problem is. Any ideas?

~darp~

Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬N:
I can do anything if i can find that powder .

#1528234 03/18/06 04:57 AM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If the front/rear speakers are powered right from the head unit, possibly the head unit's internal amp quit, or the Kicker main amp quit if it runs the front/rears. You should get at the speaker wiring and disconnect the amp/radio and test each speaker with a small 1.5 volt battery, each one will click when you apply the bttery power to the speaker. If they are good, you know it's the amp or headunit. How long/loud did you play it?

#1528235 03/18/06 10:28 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
if they all stopped maybe there a short in the speaker line and the radio switched to protect mode

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
#1528236 03/18/06 10:29 PM
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by FavoriteMystaque:
If the front/rear speakers are powered right from the head unit, possibly the head unit's internal amp quit, or the Kicker main amp quit if it runs the front/rears. You should get at the speaker wiring and disconnect the amp/radio and test each speaker with a small 1.5 volt battery, each one will click when you apply the bttery power to the speaker. If they are good, you know it's the amp or headunit. How long/loud did you play it?

I'm running the HU to the front and Rear Speakers and the Amp powers the Subs. I have all the the door panels off right now (the car is getting MAJOR surgery done) and I when I put my ear near the speakers I can tell that its "powered" its just not playing sound. Took one out and put it in my other car...and it ran perfectly. I'm thinking its the HU, which is a MEX-8800 i think. I still have the factory warranty on it so I'm gonna get it checked out, it that turns out to the be the problem, I get it replaced.

~darp~

#1528237 03/19/06 04:31 AM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Interesting, you must have the slight hiss in each speaker? That would mean head unit amp is on no input, head unit problem for sure. Unless it's muted or trying to play a cd and it's paused. Good thing it's under warranty

#1528238 03/19/06 10:06 PM
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by FavoriteMystaque:
Interesting, you must have the slight hiss in each speaker? That would mean head unit amp is on no input, head unit problem for sure. Unless it's muted or trying to play a cd and it's paused. Good thing it's under warranty

Yeah...in a related turn of events...I took out my HU and resoldered a few wires that I did poorly the first time around...and now I have volume..lol. But its really really really low. Like If I put my ear to the speaker, Its barely audible. And thats in All but one(front driver). So what do you think...speaker wire maybe?

~darp~

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard