J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by fastcougar:
the shortblock alone would probably run for $2,800

I'd just buy the ENTIRE NOBLE TURBO ENGINE that comes with custom turbo cams, forged everything, manfolds, heads, 39lb injectors, harness, DMD, SVT Flywheel, oil squirters, etc. Was that not only like ~$4000. It is more then complete as well as blue printed & balanced.

Agreed. I think they comes with 42# injectors, but no matter.

Last edited by JEDsContour; 03/17/06 08:44 PM.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Wonder if the noble uses the stock headgasket...

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
the shortblock alone would probably run for $2,800

I'd just buy the ENTIRE NOBLE TURBO ENGINE that comes with custom turbo cams, forged everything, manfolds, heads, 39lb injectors, harness, DMD, SVT Flywheel, oil squirters, etc. Was that not only like ~$4000. It is more then complete as well as blue printed & balanced. $5500 on parts is plain ludicrous!

How does one figure the short block is $2800 just for $1500 worth of forged parts (rods & pistons), a $100 engine block, and maybe $100 in misc bearings & pieces? You could add $200-300 if the bottom end is pre-balanced but unless you also give those parts of the rotating assembly (clutch, flywheel, pulley, etc) with the short block the balance job is moot!

Trust me, I would have in a heartbeat at the time, but this option didn't come to life until what ... a month ago? My shortblock was completed nearly a year ago. Also, it was done right and balanced by a shop that builds race engines all day long ... with the flywheel, DMD & pressureplate attached.

As for this AER engine ... has anyone confirmed the cams to be different than stock FORD parts? I just don't see how it's possible to offere a complete engine that cheap WITH custom cams.

Last edited by fastcougar; 03/17/06 10:09 PM.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Is AER the company used for the noble engines? If it is they can probably afford to engineer a new cam as it would be spread out over however many expensive cars.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
No, Nobels are build in South Africa by a British company and then sent to the US as a "kit car" and as such, can not have the driveline pre-installed. So, unless Nobel is using AER to build ALL their engines, I don't see that being the case. A full longblock capable of 500+ hp for less than $4,500 ... either they are paying their employees crap or the profit margin is slim ... what am I missing?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
BUT AER is the company of choice for nobel owners to purchase their motors from? which is kind of what I meant

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
No, Nobels are build in South Africa by a British company and then sent to the US as a "kit car" and as such, can not have the driveline pre-installed. So, unless Nobel is using AER to build ALL their engines, I don't see that being the case. A full longblock capable of 500+ hp for less than $4,500 ... either they are paying their employees crap or the profit margin is slim ... what am I missing?

From what I read on the Noble site, you have the engine built HERE at one of their selected engine builders - of which AER is ONE, then install it yourself or hire it done. They use a lot of turbos in the UK, so I suspect that Noble designing the cam profiles were second nature to their engineers & required relatively little R&D to produce a final design.

It is also likely that AER did not do much of the engine design, but simply gets the upgraded parts from sources designated by Noble.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
AER uses ST220 cams. They have been an option for a few years. There setup for high volume, hence the lower price.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by todras:
One guy had a custom copper one made $386.

http://www.nobleforums.com/showthread.php?t=753&highlight=head+gasket

Hey, that's mine.

Originally posted by livinsvt:
AER uses ST220 cams. They have been an option for a few years. There setup for high volume, hence the lower price.

Yep, ST220 cams.

I'm getting some custom cams cut from billet for mine. If anyone else wants some, I can probably ask to see if they can get a few more made quickly.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard