Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
I have been wanting aftermarket tail lights for my SVT contour for some time now. I was at my local Best Buy when i knoticed a Cavalier with aftermarket tail lights. I know this may sound funny but the corner tail lights on it looked like it would fit perfect onto my contour corner tail lights. Now i know there is going to be some body work that would need to be done in order to make them fit! I was just wanting to know if anyone has tryed it or thought of it?
Give me some feedback and if someone is good in photoshop maby they could post a pic.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I think it would look hidious...
Anything is possible with body work...
You would have to get the pre-98 trunk to make it even look half way non-atrocious, because otherwise you'd have altezza lights on the outside and the big red reflector everywhere else. It would look terrible. If you want to try it, by all means go for it. Too much of a hassle and I think it looks crappy.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Different is not always a good thing.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Corvette taillights on a Mitsubishi Eclipse Rice-mobile don't look pretty.

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
its been thought of and nobody has done it.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I've thought alot about this lately and I'm really considering doing it in the future. No chrome, clear ricey crap.

To me, those tail lights are almost like a stock Pre-98 but with some added style. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
I thought about about this lately and I'm really considering doing it in the future. No chrome, clear ricey crap.

To me, those tail lights are almost like a stock Pre-98 but with some added style. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

I think those would look good on the 'Tour. Nicely understated, yet better than stock.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
nice find tony...that'd look sick on a black tour....such as yours

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
It would be interesting to see if it works. How much would this investment cost you? You can always return them i suppose if it doesnt fit how you want it too.

3L process done
A
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
A
What if you took and cut the Tail lights in half separating the back up light and stop light. Then take that red reflector on the SVT trunk and shave and fill it in (then paint it back)leaving only the carbon fiber tail blinking lights. I too have a Black SVT and was looking at putting the carbon fiber one's on mine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard