Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
yyz-svt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
greetings ..... i am sure my fuel pump is spent . car recently would cut-out at high rpms & wot ! the other day , started & stalled 20sec later . now , cranks over & NO START !

so my Ford Dealer is just like 3 miles away . i have an Escape to use for the tow .

WHERE DO I ATTACH THE TOW LINE TOO ??? the front underbody appears to have NO-WHERE to mount a rope !!! how would you guy's recommend i find a proper place ( not anywhere dangerous ) to accomplish this task !

thanks for your inputs ( save like 90bux for a 5 min tow )

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Hook the strap to the subframe, thats what I did when my differential blew. Its only 3 miles, so go slow.

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
I dont know how it is on the post97 tour's but there are access holes in the radiator splash guard for a town line... Right underneath where the foglights are.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Y
yyz-svt Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
thanks for the answers ! i found those 'hooks' hidden behind the foglights . however , they are higher relative to a place where the rope can wrap around the subframe . i tied this up & tested it in my driveway . it will work fine at low-speed !!

have not visited shop yet as i am still trouble-shooting ; new posts to try to figure problem out !

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard