Next Thread
Print Thread
#1525649 03/13/06 10:19 PM
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
hey all!, I just got back into the contour scene, I had a '97 sport good ol FCS but it broke in 03 since then I have been driving a 88 accord hatch.. but now I'm getting a mint cond red 98 tour GL manual trans and I'm stoked! I'm pretty sure it's the 2.0 but I'm ok with that. I wanted to know what are some of the things I need to start saving for if I want better performance withouth breaking the bank. I only spent 2k on it and it only has 40k on the engine.. thanks for the help!! This forum ROCKS!

T. Red 98 SE "TM"(â?¢) CTA intake Foglight Mod Audio Upgrades 55k:) 4 month owner and counting
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
cam gears, focus header (does need slight modification), intake and exhaust. Because the 2.0L is a small displacement engine, your not going to gain to much unless you really put down some serious money. I would suggest just buying some nitrous kit which can be had for like $500.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
would I need to up anything before I buy the NOS kit? also will I get any better HP from a better Exhaust kit?

T. Red 98 SE "TM"(â?¢) CTA intake Foglight Mod Audio Upgrades 55k:) 4 month owner and counting
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Hey Jim. Just curious if you have compared the Focus headers to the Cougar WR Zetec headers. I have a set of the WR on my daughters Zetec & they required no modification except a MIL eliminator. I elected to add a cat to keep the youngsters car legal - that's it.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Full exhaust, header, intake, n2o.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Trademark:
...I have been driving a 88 accord hatch..

LOL! That's what I had before my Contour. It was only an LX. Carbureted single overhead cam with an ATX. What a dog but I still loved it. Pop up headlights, funky little ding when you left the headlights on. And it was a vacuum hose nightmare.

Congrats on getting the MTX Zetec. There is soo much that you can do to it. Just read through this forum.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
ya I still got the ol hatch, she runs good with her 220k I think I might steal the deck/speakers/sub and the wheels off it for my tour... damn gl and it's POS hubcaps.. anyways I've been reading a lot of posts about my new tour.. I think I will start with the Audio and some fog lights if I can find some svt/SE ones on here.. I've decided against the performance upgrades above 100 dollars.. because of my college budget. thanks!

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Sweet! Pick up! Im sure you will have the tour for a long long time!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
ok so I got my contour today! YAY and come to findout it is an SE not a GL.. I don't know exatly what the differences are but I guess the SE is a better car so yippy! and I bought the harness for fords 98 and newer from best buy.. but it didn't look anything like my setup.. I think I'll review some posts in the audio section..

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard