Print Thread
#1525277 03/13/06 06:11 AM
S
stilov Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
It's dead...not sure if I can get it replaced under warranty...kind of a perk of the job when I worked there.

This is the 2nd I have killed. I guess it's because the car is barely driven, but wow...I htough they were super duper batteries. then the guy at Autozone tells me he's seen a lot of them go bad quickly.

Now what the he!!!. Optima or regular? I have my battery in the trunk...fyi.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
my brand new one I got for the volvo a couple months back is also dead (not an optima) but I think its from having my car be sitting there for two months.

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I've gone with Optima yellow tops on all my vehicles and have NEVER had any issues with them.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I actually had one go bad on me as well. After taking it to the store I got it from, I talked with the owner while it was getting recharged. Turns out with the technology, some of the cores can get very very minor cracks that get passed over in the pre-sale testing process they do on each battery. Unfortunately, it's just an evil of the technology they use, and is pretty unavoidable. He said that that type of problem IS relatively common, about 1 in 10 get it. Usually shows up 3-6 months after the battery has been used, more quickly in extreme temps. But, on the same note, the ones that don't get it are damn near bulletproof. And if yours does, it can usually be fixed by a good over-charging which will reset it. That seems to have been the exact problem with mine, as it's been absolutely perfect for 3 months since I had it done.

So I'd stay stick with it, try to get it recharged and if it's still shot, have them send it to Optima. They have a killer warranty, IIRC.

Last edited by PlatoSVT; 03/13/06 03:56 PM.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I have to re-charge my red top every other month, I only drive my car about twice a week, and it has left me with no fire many times, very frustrating. I have jumper cables always on hand. I took the battery back and they charged it and said it was fine. It is not, but they wont replace it. Optima yellow huh, going that way next time. -B. Mine is in the trunk also.

1998 SVT With a few mod's RACECAR IS RACECAR BACKWORDS ! #970 of 2395 Black/blue *****FOR SALE*****
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Have you tried contacting Optima directly Randy? I bought my red-top from a battery specific store, Batteries Plus I think. They said if it craps out again, just bring it in and they'd send it to Optima for a replacement. Seems like your retailer should be doing the same if you push for it.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
Have you tried contacting Optima directly Randy? I bought my red-top from a battery specific store, Batteries Plus I think. They said if it craps out again, just bring it in and they'd send it to Optima for a replacement. Seems like your retailer should be doing the same if you push for it.

Done and Done. I went into a the sound shop I bought it from and with some "high talking" I have a new Optima in the car. Car fires up faster, so thats a plus. -B.

1998 SVT With a few mod's RACECAR IS RACECAR BACKWORDS ! #970 of 2395 Black/blue *****FOR SALE*****
S
stilov Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
looks like mine will be replaced under warranty so it's cool I guess.

Maybe if I actually drive the car...the battery will work.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Don't let them sit! Mine just crapped out after sitting several months. I have a trickle charger handy that I failed to use too.

Greg

2000 Silver Turbo CSVT (((FOR SALE, PM me! $12K))) 1999 Vibrant White Cougar

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard