Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
LOL... turbo SVT, huh... I just remembered something. I went into an Autozone here in Tucson, maybe a year ago or so, and they were calling up a part for me... the parts counter guy was probly around 18 or so.. was telling me about a turbo'd Contour that just beat the pants off one of his friends cars recently. Said that they chatted with the contour driver afterward and that he was cool and the car was awesome... hmmmm might that have been you? I can't remember what kind of car they had, maybe a modded civic or something. Of course this was at the track they said LOL that would be too hilarious if that was you.

Ya, from the outside (or inside really for that matter) you can't really tell any mods on my car besides the fact that it's a GL with SE skirts and SE wheels. I put a mystique gauge cluster in it for the tach, but that's a very subtle mod to say the least.

It's basically been the point A to point B car that my wife primarily drives.

As for the Koni Kit.. I don't think Im going to spoil the tech day fun with that kind of project. I don't think it would be very fair. Wouldn't want my car to become immobile and have to take up space at someone elses house if it unexpectedly needed parts, etc.

I am going to try to put that kit on here in Tucson. Ya, feel free to swing by if you want to lend a hand A friend of mine will be letting me use his garage and he's going to try to help me out with it. There will be much beer involved.

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
You mentioned before that this guy has a fast turbo focus, right? Is it white/silver (couldn't tell) with a carbonfiber hood? If so I raced him at speedworld last night, and I got spanked hard. He ran a 13.7 @ 101mph.... I won't say what I got though My car has some performance issues right now (.2 slower after headers, high flow cat, and xcal2 tune) and I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong. I'm hoping to go again in another 2-3 weeks to see if I fixed it.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by morbid:
You mentioned before that this guy has a fast turbo focus, right? Is it white/silver (couldn't tell) with a carbonfiber hood? If so I raced him at speedworld last night, and I got spanked hard. He ran a 13.7 @ 101mph.... I won't say what I got though My car has some performance issues right now (.2 slower after headers, high flow cat, and xcal2 tune) and I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong. I'm hoping to go again in another 2-3 weeks to see if I fixed it.

I ran that same Focus down here a long time ago at SIR. Got spanked as well! Had no idea, since he was behind me in the staging lanes. I was either in my old SVT, or the Cougar, can't recall...

Greg

2000 Silver Turbo CSVT (((FOR SALE, PM me! $12K))) 1999 Vibrant White Cougar
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
heheh... I knew I was done for when I saw he was wearing a helmet (faster than 14.0).

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I failed to see that part! He walked up and asked if I wanted to run, but the helmet must have remained in the car

Greg

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
It was Casper's old Focus from Focaljet. I don't know who has it now.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Yes it was, forgot the name. Thanks Chris!

Greg

R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
The current quick Focus at the drag strips is tparker on the Focaljet. CasperSE+ used to have a white SEDAN that ran numbers like that but it was all one color, it was a turbo and has since gone the way of the Dodo (well I think it's still alive but been stripped of anything interesting, including the turbo kit) and he runs a new body Mustang now. Tparkers car is white ZX3 HATCHBACK, gutted and has a CF hood (not painted) those numbers while possible it's someone else, are pretty much right on with what he runs. I believe 103 mph is more like what I see posted, not sure on the time though, somewhere in the 13's. His is supercharged however, not turbocharged. That car has a real nicely put together engine, and seems pretty reliable with the times he's been running.......

Mines slow and broke all the time....go figure. It's called the SVTF curse.

Oh yeah, and the current list of attendees for the tech day (more like Team Tinker day) has changed from what was last posted here:

Rodewaryer - DSI Clip (mod)
SVTCTR15
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci - electrical help Rep?
Massive
Slvr01ZX3
Condor - Lights, corner markers
Engineear
OskarSVTee
IAnimal
TheFordGuy
AwiperlessAlero - wiper motor or wiring
azbobbybooshay10 - Radio test, window switch, poss tail ------light replacement, possible oil change
Darkhorse
fm-corey
tymeks
stockfoci - Lugnuts, foglight/bumper wiring, tailpipe bob (good luck)
lil_silver_rocket - Plugs, fuel filter, exhaust rattle

Last edited by Rodewaryer; 04/09/06 10:41 AM.

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Yep.. that sounds like tparker then.

How long do you expect to have people over? I'd like to drop by, but it's easier for me to get out later.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard