Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
It didn't take long for Dezert Focus to decide on the 15th of April then and since I'm not a morning person can we start around 3 pm? My place (PM me for directions or someone that knows how to attach a map, PM me for that address) and anyone needing anything fairly unique for tools please ask around or check with me as I have adequate but not extensive tools. One good Jack, 4 jackstands and a fair selection of general tools. So, bring stuff if you know several of you need your car in the air for something etc. I make no brags about technical knowledge, I have some brake, aerodynamics and lighting experience. Otherwise my expertise is only general. One Contour so far and more encouraged. My place is in a typical tract home environment, however there is an entire block across the street from me that's a park, so no other homes......

List so far:

Rodewaryer
SVTCTR15 (Can't_Drive_55)
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci
Massive
Slvr01ZX3

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Several are showing just because this is a G2G, so it's open ended....

More names....

Rodewaryer
SVTCTR15
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci
Massive
Slvr01ZX3
Condor
Engineear

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Hi, greetings from Tucson!

Here's a dumb question, but what exactly is team tech day... a day to get together and work on cars?

My 96 is approaching 150K miles and is always in need of some form of repair/mod. Currently I'm trying to get ahold of a Koni sport suspension kit. The stock suspension has degraded badly (it's all original except the lower control arms). I realize a full suspension replacement is probably way overkill, but just curious what's goin on over there?

Thanks,

Tim

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Indeed, it's a day for working on cars but more along the lines of CAI's, lights, speakers, wings, etc, sometimes we get guys doing things like headers. But keep in mind it's meant for the kinds of things a person could use advice on, since quite a few 'car people' should be there. My son did the full lowering set up (H&R) on his Contour so might be able to give some advice on your situation. If it's basic replacement of parts we might be able to manage but I'm not sure on springs (I don't have spring compressors or clamps) as far as what's needed. It would be something you'd want to start on right away if it were to be attempted, not late in the session....

The list gained a couple:

Rodewaryer
SVTCTR15
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci
Massive
Slvr01ZX3
Condor
Engineear
OskarSVTee

And a map can be found on the Focaljet on this thread:

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-focaljet-dezert-focus/503970-phoenix-team-tech-day-15-apr.html

Last edited by Rodewaryer; 03/22/06 11:22 AM.

A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
For those who don't have a FocalJet account, here's the map inlined.

I've never gone to one of the tech days for FocalJet, but I have been to a few for the 240 group I was in with my old S13. I can probably help with little basic things, nothing too terribly technical. If you want to come up to the valley for this, you're more than welcome to.

Arizona NECO Member, Website Admin Welcoming both Cougar and Contour owners from Arizona! 1999 Mercury Cougar V6 MTX Injen short-ram, Z3 fenders, Kaminari style hood 15.577 @ 86.978mph
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Thanks for the info. Ya, a suspension swap I think is going to be a little too involved. With the way those things sometimes go, I wouldn't want to get in a situation where someone has to store my car overnight because it's not finished, taking up space at their house, etc. That just wouldn't be cool.

If I can make it up, though there are plenty of other little things I could do to the car and still come hang out.

Thanks again guys. Hope I can make it!

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Hey greetings from Tucson! Don't recall ever seeing you here

Greg

2000 Silver Turbo CSVT (((FOR SALE, PM me! $12K))) 1999 Vibrant White Cougar
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
The street I'm on is NOT "west williams drive", the map is labeled wrong and that name belongs further up and to the right...... pay it no attention. The star is correct however and if you just follow 33rd drive up as it bends left it will lead you where you need to be. Anyone wanting the street address PM me.

Rodewaryer
SVTCTR15
Zona Kona
FocusAz1
Try2Fcs
Tparker
Broke_Two_Foci
Massive
Slvr01ZX3
Condor
Engineear
OskarSVTee
sk8token

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Whoops... sorry Greg I missed your post somehow.

Ya, I don't loiter around the southwest forum too often, so it doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen me.

It's taken me about 3 years to morph a stock white 96 GL Tour into what basically looks like a stock white 96 SE Tour haha

Once Koni Kitted she should look a little more seperated from the crowd, but at this point it would take a careful eye to notice this CEG'r rollin around the streets of tucson.

So you have an SVT? I wonder if I've ever pointed to your car during the many times I've told my girlfriend/now wife "hey, look at the SVT", at which time she replies.. "oh ya, that's nice".

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by sk8token:
Whoops... sorry Greg I missed your post somehow.

Ya, I don't loiter around the southwest forum too often, so it doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen me.

It's taken me about 3 years to morph a stock white 96 GL Tour into what basically looks like a stock white 96 SE Tour haha

Once Koni Kitted she should look a little more seperated from the crowd, but at this point it would take a careful eye to notice this CEG'r rollin around the streets of tucson.

So you have an SVT? I wonder if I've ever pointed to your car during the many times I've told my girlfriend/now wife "hey, look at the SVT", at which time she replies.. "oh ya, that's nice".

Eh, I'm not around here much either I'm mostly on NECO since I mod for the AZ chapter.

I don't see too many white tours around. Is there anything else done to yours aside from the SE look? Are you planning on doing the Konis during the tech day?

Yes, I have an SVT. On my second one, actually. First one was the T-red one, followed by its replacement was the turbo Silver Frost one. I'm sure you've seen both at some point.

Greg

2000 Silver Turbo CSVT (((FOR SALE, PM me! $12K))) 1999 Vibrant White Cougar
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard