Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I bought a roll of sound deading material a few years back off of ebay. I think I paid over 125 bucks for 100 sq. feet. They said that it was similar to Dynamat extreme. I didn't know much back then and didn't do much research. Fast forward to today. I have spent the last 3 days, 10 hours each day applying this crap to my rear deck, doors, and quarter panels in the trunk. I get to the end of the roll and the tape that they used to fasten it to the roll says Peel & Seal. Damn it.

How bad is this stuff? Is it going to get hot and run off of my door panels and make a mess and ruin stuff? I'm so pissed right now. It's not like the stuff comes off easy, and it's not like I want to spend another 30 hours redoing what I've already done. Anyone had this stuff on for an extended period of time? I don't know if it matters but it does have the aluminum backing.

1998 SVT. Silver Frost. #4076 of 6535. SOLD! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2143175
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
what did you do in the first place?

Most sound deadening rolls use the "peel & seal" method. It sucks, but to get the effect of the material you must make sure the stuff is adhesed(is this a word) to the metal securely.

About peeling off, I'm not sure. Depends where you live and how well the quality of the adhesive glue is.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
He is talking about Peel & Seal, it is a product found in hardware stores for roofing.

I sound deadened my last contour with peel and seal. Used a hair dryer to heat it up and then stick it on. It didn't come off during the following cold winter or hot summer. It is a good, cheap solution. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not sure how much 100 feet of that stuff is, but it sounds like you got ripped off.

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
nothing wrong with peal n' seal.... aside from the smell.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
It's $1 per SQ ft. I used it in my contour when i had it as well. very good product, so you have nothing to worry about.

Remember this is why we're at war! I'm now officially a troll! 2004 Saturn ION QC with Sport Package AIM/AOL: animusshinigami

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard