Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1522353 03/10/06 03:36 PM
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
I have looked in the FAQ and could not find the part # . maybe there is a technical name that iam not aware of ?

Is there any special instructions when installing it ? I believe it gets pressed in ?

TIA !

#1522354 03/10/06 03:47 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
We don't have/need/use one.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1522355 03/10/06 04:05 PM
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
HUH? Please elaborate.

Does the 2.5 use one? Now iam thouroghly confused ....

Last edited by Robb; 03/10/06 04:06 PM.
#1522356 03/10/06 04:06 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Huzzah for hydro clutch!

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
#1522357 03/10/06 04:31 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Robb:
HUH? Please elaborate.

Does the 2.5 use one? Now iam thouroghly confused ....

What so hard to understand?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1522358 03/10/06 10:47 PM
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
Well if one THINKS that he/she needs one , and someone says you dont that ='s confusion !!! Is that so hard to understand !?!?!?

This place is the MOST helpless forum on the internet ! I have said this before and I will say it again . I belong to several forums, problably over 10 and never had to think about the penalty/lashing for posting a question . Here is the census on MOST forums as how to treat rookie/veteran members ...

When you�re on the Titanic, help the people to the lifeboats...do NOT yell at the iceberg. It won�t do you one ounce of good.

That�s the philosophy we take . If a member has a question to ask, the majority of Newbies will ask the question to receive a response directed at them individually. How many times the question has been asked and answered by other members almost seems irrelevant since the answer is not directed specifically at them.

It is soooooooo easy to yell at that iceberg and tell people to read, read, read, but if you think about it, we could probably respond to almost every question asked in such a manner.

Not here.

Since this site is dedicated to the Newbies out there, we believe in helping people to the lifeboats.

Don�t bother telling me how much people should read and do their homework before posting or asking a simple question...I would agree with you. And don�t tell me that Newbies posting the same questions over and over again fills the forum up with garbage posts...I would agree with you.

Once we come to grips on the reality that the Newbies will post the same questions regardless of how many times the answer has been posted in the past, regardless of what we say or think on the issue, and regardless of what the forum rules state...we�re confronted with three simple choices when we see an obvious newbie question:

1) Help the person out by answering their question.
2) Ignore his or her post because you have better things to do than provide the same response repeatedly.
3) Tell the person off or get pissy with them.

On this site, 1 and 2 above are acceptable...number 3 is not.

Think about when you were in school. Asking questions is part of the learning process. You asked questions, even though the matterial was discussed in class...and even when the answer was located in your text book.

If you're fed up or don�t want to answer a question, I suggest doing number 2 above. Doing #3 above will get you a nasty PM from the Mods. We treat everybody with respect here...even the Newbies.

some people around here should adopt #2 ! Oviously the others that are helpfull this is no way directed towards you , and for the others ... ahh screw it, you just won't get it anyways !

FLAME AWAY !!! That should be something you shouldnt have to "search" for .

#1522359 03/10/06 11:01 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Stazi:
We don't have/need/use one.

Sorry Rob, but Stazi answered your questioned. You did come here and ask a question no? Then someone gives YOU and answer that confuses YOU because of YOUR misconceptions. Stazi isn't confused, he's 100% correct. He wasn't being a dick, he simply quoted his reply and asked what was so confusing about it?

Unless you are planning on mating your 3.0L to CD4E Automatic transmission in your contour, YOU CANT USE IT! It's physically impossible to keep it AND mount the flywheel ... something has to give. Not to mention, this subject has been covered 1,000+ times in the past.

#1522360 03/11/06 12:04 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Robb:
Well if one THINKS that he/she needs one , and someone says you dont that ='s confusion !!! Is that so hard to understand !?!?!?

This place is the MOST helpless forum on the internet ! I have said this before and I will say it again . I belong to several forums, problably over 10 and never had to think about the penalty/lashing for posting a question . Here is the census on MOST forums as how to treat rookie/veteran members ...

When you�re on the Titanic, help the people to the lifeboats...do NOT yell at the iceberg. It won�t do you one ounce of good.

That�s the philosophy we take . If a member has a question to ask, the majority of Newbies will ask the question to receive a response directed at them individually. How many times the question has been asked and answered by other members almost seems irrelevant since the answer is not directed specifically at them.

It is soooooooo easy to yell at that iceberg and tell people to read, read, read, but if you think about it, we could probably respond to almost every question asked in such a manner.

Not here.

Since this site is dedicated to the Newbies out there, we believe in helping people to the lifeboats.

Don�t bother telling me how much people should read and do their homework before posting or asking a simple question...I would agree with you. And don�t tell me that Newbies posting the same questions over and over again fills the forum up with garbage posts...I would agree with you.

Once we come to grips on the reality that the Newbies will post the same questions regardless of how many times the answer has been posted in the past, regardless of what we say or think on the issue, and regardless of what the forum rules state...we�re confronted with three simple choices when we see an obvious newbie question:

1) Help the person out by answering their question.
2) Ignore his or her post because you have better things to do than provide the same response repeatedly.
3) Tell the person off or get pissy with them.

On this site, 1 and 2 above are acceptable...number 3 is not.

Think about when you were in school. Asking questions is part of the learning process. You asked questions, even though the matterial was discussed in class...and even when the answer was located in your text book.

If you're fed up or don�t want to answer a question, I suggest doing number 2 above. Doing #3 above will get you a nasty PM from the Mods. We treat everybody with respect here...even the Newbies.

some people around here should adopt #2 ! Oviously the others that are helpfull this is no way directed towards you , and for the others ... ahh screw it, you just won't get it anyways !

FLAME AWAY !!! That should be something you shouldnt have to "search" for .

Learn to read! He answered your simple question and you didn't understand a simple answer...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1522361 03/11/06 08:36 AM
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
So you think saying "what part of ????" is answering the question ??????

THat is fine I do not expect anyone to defend the regulars on here . I have been in the Grand Prix scene for the past 4 years and decided to buy a Contour SVT because I liked the car . After the purchase I spoke to a fellow member (burritasvt)who is MORE than generous with his information TY !!! . So I decided to do a 3.0 swap. The whole reason for a forum is to get answers to questions most people do not know , or discuss other importantr issues regarding the 3.0 swap .

I PROMISE you if you go to clubgp.com and ask a question that has benn asked 4,000,000 times over someone will answer the question happily without the smartass remarks ! the fact that you want to deny that he was being legit in answering a question that I clearly thought was pretty serious , just goes to show exactly what iam talking about ! That this place SUCKS ASS !

You and your search nazis can suck a dick ! ~!!@!!!!!

IF any of you find this offensive , GOOOD ! Let me know , and I will be MORe than willing to talk to YOU in person .

#1522362 03/11/06 11:03 AM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
This is what happens when someone gets embarrassed about being ignorant. Maybe he's not sure what a pilot bearing is.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard