Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Every so often, after driving ~15 miles to school, on the way home the check engine light would come on. But soon after it was lit, would be off again. I can never get it to the mechanics while the light is on. Any ideas? Nothings is noticably wrong with it.

BTW, I'm replacing the air filter and spark plugs very soon (w/in the next week), hopefully it solves the problem. I'm also looking for some ignition wires if any one has any ford racing or magnacore sets avaliable. PM me if you do.

Thanks.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
have you taken it somewhere to pull any codes that might possible be in there....kinda sounds like a loose wire or connection somewhere

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Sounds like Misfireing to me..when was the last time you changed the plugs and wires.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-VIII:
Sounds like Misfireing to me..when was the last time you changed the plugs and wires.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Since you have a 95, you can pull the codes yourself with nothing more than a paperclip and a set of instructions. Directions should be in the main site's FAQs or at www.fordfuelinjection.com

The light does not have to be on. The computer will store the code and maintain it for a minimum of 40 drive cycles for retrieval unless the computer is reset.

Attempting to diagnose the problem without the code(s) is about as effective as farting into the wind. Get the code(s).

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by projectSHO89:
Since you have a 95, you can pull the codes yourself with nothing more than a paperclip and a set of instructions. Directions should be in the main site's FAQs or at www.fordfuelinjection.com

The light does not have to be on. The computer will store the code and maintain it for a minimum of 40 drive cycles for retrieval unless the computer is reset.

Attempting to diagnose the problem without the code(s) is about as effective as farting into the wind. Get the code(s).

Steve

Wow, I learn something everyday, I'll try that.

Since I'm changing plugs real soon, hopefully it solves the problem, I'll let you know.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
i highly doubt a mis-fire. a mis-fire would more than likely be noticable as far as drivability is concerned and the light should be blinking off and on right in a row (on one second, off one second, on one second, off one second.....) i would place my money on an emissions sensor or something along those lines. just my opinion though. should def change the plugs and wires though just for preventitive maint.

new addition: '01 GSX-R600 New slow ride - '03 Alero GS SOLD - 95 blue SE
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I did that self test and I worked perfectly!

The codes I got are: 33, 55, 19, 33, 55, 19, 33, 23, 36, 33, 23, 36.

Some of the codes that I looked up didn't make since or I didn't know the term. But as soon as my air filter arrives, I'm changing the plugs. The wires will have to wait cause I want either Ford Racing or a Magnecor set. Hopefully it will solve the problem but from the codes, it doesn't look like it.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
just a heads up from what ive seen, you will wanna do wires soon. with it being a 95 and all, with you taking the wires off and disrupting them, you might run into an engine miss. they just get brittle. i would say anticipate them needing replacement in the near future.

new addition: '01 GSX-R600 New slow ride - '03 Alero GS SOLD - 95 blue SE
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Get the ford racing ones, they are cheaper and just as good.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard