Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1522114 03/14/06 02:15 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SVTfrog:
My guess is that if the SPEC is made by another company trying to match Ford's design, then it could be different when compressed.

I'd use the Ford one (which the v6 ford tob I have compresses down the same as your's, with the outer part going further down than the inner ring).

Some SPEC kits come with remaned slaves (Ford logo ground off). That was the verdict a few months ago.

Ryan Trollin!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by TH:
.....not quite right.The slave/TOB moves further down and moves the piston BACK into the cylinder as the
clutch wears.....spring fingers move OUT towards the TOB as the clutch disc wears and gets thinner. If the TOB piston cannot move back the clutch
will become disengaged over time and slip....
.....get it?

Oh yeah, That's correct. good catch!
I guess if it is that big of a difference in how far back the piston can compress between the two parts then it would keep the clutch disengaged or at least with less clamp pressure as it wore down.

Oh, and yes, I got it as soon as you pointed it out.

Of course I want to add that he was having a fluid leakage issue which should have nothing to do with those concerns. Maybe he just had some really bad luck on the particular TOB.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard