Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
I made a post almost a month ago about running over a concrete "log" at 80 mph on the Altamont Pass just west of Tracy while returing from Sactown. I put my CSVT in the shop for repairs on February 13th. I finally got her back yesterday afternoon around 5 o'clock. It took 3 and a half weeks to get parts and make the repairs:
new front bumper, grille, and foglamps
new splash guard
new passenger side skirt
new rear grille

I had been driving a rental in the mean time; a 2006 Hyundai Sonata; V6 with 5 speed "autotragic" tranny. Not a bad car for a Hyundai, but nothing like my Baby. Anyway, I'd "forgotten" just how well our CSVTs handle until I slid in behind the wheel and cruised down the San Tomas Expressway towards San Jose from Campbell. BTW, there is a CHiPs (chump?) on a bike sitting at the bottom of the Winchester overpass taking pictures and handing out expensive raffle tickets. He was there yesterday (5:00 pm)and again today (3:30 pm). Just a heads up for you local CEGers. I saw him nail a Celica yesterday and a Nissan Sentra today. I don't understand why he was not on the Southbound side nailing diamond lane violaters. I guess there is more "revenue" in speeding tickets. Anyway, I'm back on the road again and feeling "groovy." If the weather holds tomorrow I plan to take the back way to Livermore from San Jose; behind Mount Hamilton on San Antonio Valley Road. Vroom vroom! Have a great weekend y'all!

1998.5 Contour SVT - Silver/Blue - 107K miles.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
glad to hear you got it up and running! thanks for the heads up on the cop thing, I take that way a lot to go to work!

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Congrats on your car back. I think there are a lot of highway patrol cars out right now. I saw 4 cars on my way from San Bruno to San Jose on 280 at 11:30 pm. Very unusual.

3L process done

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard