Next Thread
Print Thread
K
KyleH Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I'm trying to decide on which airline to book our flight from Toronto to Vancouver for our honeymoon.

The last time I flew I was 13 and it was on Canadian Airlines.

So which one do you prefer Air Canada, or WestJet?

We're going on a cruise so we have to be in Vancouver at the latest by 12:00(noon) making timing a factor.

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I've been flying Westjet recently, price is usually the best, service is great & friendly, just seats are cramped.. :P

cheers

98 Contour V6 MTX CTA Exhaust/CTA Intake/MSDS Y-pipe/Bat Handling Kit/Predator Alarm/Spec1 Clutch Kit/SVT Flywheel/G Assurances Fix your car yourself "It's not a UFO." Todras
R
R
I recently flew WestJet for the first time, St. John's to Toronto. Price was good, and service was pleasant. The flight wasn't very packed, and many of their planes have personal TV screens in the headrests.

Driving a 1995 Mercury Mystique LS
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
To find out the best rates, I used this little "trick". I checked out the prices on expedia.ca and exit.ca. Once I got the cheapest airline (or at least has the most convenient flights) Then go directly to the airlines' website and check out the prices direct. (There will also be flights that don't show up on expedia and exit)

That's what I did and found the cheapest flight that was also direct and a more conveniant time for me.

Hope it helps,

Eric...

PT Cruiser Limited 2002 MTX of course! Mystique 1998 V6 MTX Sold.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by KyleH:
I'm trying to decide on which airline to book our flight from Toronto to Vancouver for our honeymoon.

The last time I flew I was 13 and it was on Canadian Airlines.

So which one do you prefer Air Canada, or WestJet?

We're going on a cruise so we have to be in Vancouver at the latest by 12:00(noon) making timing a factor.

My brother came out 2 weeks ago and he was flew Harmony. He's the cheapest bugger I know. He also said Harmony is the only carrier that has a meal..

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)
K
KyleH Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I just checked out Harmony, and they'd be about $80 cheaper than Air Canada. WestJet would only save us $30.

One thing that concerns me though, is I could book the 8:00am flight from Air Canada, and if it got delayed or cancelled for some reason, there's still 5 flights after it that would get us to the ship on time.
With Westjet there'd be only one other flight, and It would be cutting it close.
Harmony if the first flight didn't make it, we'd be SOL.

Thoughts?

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by KyleH:
I just checked out Harmony, and they'd be about $80 cheaper than Air Canada. WestJet would only save us $30.

One thing that concerns me though, is I could book the 8:00am flight from Air Canada, and if it got delayed or cancelled for some reason, there's still 5 flights after it that would get us to the ship on time.
With Westjet there'd be only one other flight, and It would be cutting it close.
Harmony if the first flight didn't make it, we'd be SOL.

Thoughts?

Don't even chance it with our fickle airline industry and crazy spring weather. Take an earlier flight with Air Canada. You won't miss the money when your looking at photos from your honeymoon 10 years from now.

Keep in mind that V.I.A. is on an island with only 4 bridges off it. Where does the cruise depart from?

98 GL sport (V6 MTX) The Durable Duratec? - (DMD, Metal impeller WaterPump, Synth & Stinky in the tranny)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
My brother recently flew to Vancouver. He booked Harmony but the flight was cancelled when they got to the airport. But without a problem they seated them on an Air Canada flight without any extra charge. Just a thought, talk to the travel agent.

95 Contour GL 2.5L ATX Minor mods
B
B
I recently flew Toronto-Vancouver return on Harmony and can conclusivly say that Harmony is the best airline in Canada bar none. The people are great, the service is great, the price is great.

Got a free tastey meal each way, no-charge earphones, no-charge blankets, pillows, free snacks (twice I think) and was never without whatever water/soda/juice I wanted.

The seat was as bad as every other economy class seat out there, but I'm 6'1 and the leg room wasn't horrible.

Umm... did I mention hot asian stewardesses?

Moderated by  Gerald_dup1, mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard