Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
for those of you who have made them what are you using for a spring?...what about for a ball? the only spring i could find was out of a bic pen ,and the only ball i could find was a bearing out of a swivel wheel....it works fine for now,but i cant get it past 10lbs of boost,stock is 6 and a spike of 8.3,fuel cut out is at 12lbs(for now!!)so ten will work for the time being

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I know it can be done cheaper, and the ebay ball and soring aren't that great, but they do a decent job and it is worth the time I save to buy one of those rather than run all around town to piece something to gether...

Then again...I won't be using a ball/spring on my current set-up.

Oh ya, I bought turboxs controller (the kind that has fine and coarse boost setting) for like 30 bucks off ebay. The guy didn't realize it was nicer than the base model...and didn't list it as such, but you could tell in the pic that it was the better one.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by tour96SeVT:
for those of you who have made them what are you using for a spring?...what about for a ball? the only spring i could find was out of a bic pen ,and the only ball i could find was a bearing out of a swivel wheel....it works fine for now,but i cant get it past 10lbs of boost,stock is 6 and a spike of 8.3,fuel cut out is at 12lbs(for now!!)so ten will work for the time being

I used a ball bearing about 1/4" from Ace Hardware and a spring out of the spring drawer that was long enough for the body. Everything can be bought there for about $8.

What is the stock wastegate spring at?

I thought my boost controller was acting up on the dyno this last time but it turned out to be the base wastegate spring was the problem. It was too light of a spring and was coming open under high boost due just to exhaust pressure.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Do yourself a favor and get a DAWESDevices 2-stage boost controller. I have one and it works awesome - cheap too!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Stazi:
Do yourself a favor and get a DAWESDevices 2-stage boost controller. I have one and it works awesome - cheap too!

hmmmm were'd you find that?....and tom the stock waste gate is set for 8.3psi...it hits ten everytime and holds,like i said thats fine for now,but i should have my injecttech eprom soon,than i can go to 14 or 15 gradually of course...man cars these cars are so much cheaper to get power from,65 dollars for a chip,compared to 300+ for a custom one for the tour...stazi let me know were you found that two stage from

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!

Link Copied to Clipboard