Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CLASSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
So I got my car repainted, and ever since I got it back there has been a new rattle when my sub hits. My third brake light/ plastic middle seatbelt holder thingy are rattling. Well, one or the other is. If I press down on the brake light cover the rattling stops. The rattling also stops if I press down on the plastic seatbelt thingy on top of the rear deck. (almost as if they're connected, but I know they're not) But the rattling does not stop if I simply press down on the rear decklid. I searched but got a bunch of ghetto-solutions. "I stuck some cardboard btwn my brakelight and my window and it stopped!" Yeah, I don't want to have a piece of cardboard jammed anywhere that can be seen in plain sight. So what can be done? I looked but saw nothing that could be tightened from inside the trunk. Is my only option to try and wedge some subtle pieces of black/blue foam under each plastic piece? Thanks in advance.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Maybe instead of wedging something in there, remove both, but when reinstalling them, reinstall them with some sound deadening material where the plastic meets metal. Or making some sort of a seal to go around and plastic edges, which will cut down on vibration.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
the only thing that seems to vibrate for me is the damn vents inside the trunk. The vents I'm talking about are on each rear fender behind the foam/carpet. It stops when I push the flap of the vent open. I think I'm going to try to find something I can wedge in there to keep the flap open to keep the rattle away.

Anyone else have this prob? Any suggestions?

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
I removed my third brake light and then recarpeted the the cover so the holes didnt show. I will try to post some pics tonight

1998.5 CSVT Black/Midnight blue 4895 of 6535 DOB Feb 28, 1998 Kanuberized Nightshade Tails 17 inch RS5s http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2064434/1
C
CLASSVT Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
the only thing that seems to vibrate for me is the damn vents inside the trunk. The vents I'm talking about are on each rear fender behind the foam/carpet. It stops when I push the flap of the vent open. I think I'm going to try to find something I can wedge in there to keep the flap open to keep the rattle away.

Anyone else have this prob? Any suggestions?

Yeah, get your own thread homie.

Mark, I have no idea how to remove either of those pieces and am scared that if I try I'll break something. I read a thread a while ago about someone breaking their third brake light cover by trying to remove it. If anyone could explain the best way to remove those pieces, other than prying at them with a flathead screwdriver (or majic stick ), then I'd be game for trying to do what Mark said.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard