We all know it can be a PITA to change the PCV out on the zetec. Draining the system, to remove the thermostat housing just to get to a torxs bolt, just to get more play in the line to get the PCV out...

I'm thinking about cutting the metal line in the front area.. Then taking out about an inch out and upon reinstalling just join it with a piece of hose. Input welcomed on this method.

Now looking at it, they used metal line because of how close it is too heat. However its a rubber hose joining the PCV and that is right next to the highest heat source around, the exhaust man. Only thing I can think of is the hose might have to be checked time to time. but other than that should be ok, and don't see it hurting anything.

Also to those who have changed a PCV and still have a poor idle.. I have found that if you follow that metal line to the back side, it goes back into a rubber hose (lower heat on the intake side) and then connects to the intake man. I found my hose to be soft and flat about 3 inchs worth, this was causing it to not draw any vacumme on the PCV. Might be worth checking.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0