Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVTspazz:
Originally posted by Korfu:
uhhh i have a pre98 and everytime i put the car into reverse no red light comes on... just a bright white light... Where is this red you speak of?

uhh...I took the white reverse light bulbs and put red covers over them, I know it is ricey but it works and I like it. And as far as no reverse lights go, I would feel much safer knowing I'm not going to get rear ended AGAIN, then having someone knowing weither or not I'm backing up.

untell someone backs up into you while your backing up, and then its your fault for not having white bulbs, Friggen idiot, use your head..

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Before I swapped the decklid on my `96 I had something kinda like this done. I had used six red LEDs per side that were aimed through the vent on the inside of the housing. They were hooked up to the tails and were just the perfect brightness to match the car's stock tails. When it was put in reverse the white light outshone the red and everything was still fine.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Some of you people need to CHILL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
How is red an illegal color while moving?

Originally posted by Spazz:
Now using the stock white lights won't get you very far, so I still have to go get some red ones. WARNING: In order to do this mod you have to sacfrice your revese lights.

You tell me how that said you used red, in any way?

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Ok, I see your point, but I think you jumped on me too quick. I have red ones in there, I by no means used the stock white ones while driving.

The "Bluer Tour" 1998.5 SVTour R.I.P. 2000 ATX Tour SE
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Before I swapped the decklid on my `96 I had something kinda like this done. I had used six red LEDs per side that were aimed through the vent on the inside of the housing. They were hooked up to the tails and were just the perfect brightness to match the car's stock tails. When it was put in reverse the white light outshone the red and everything was still fine.

Wow, that's exactly what I want to do to mine... But brighter (for rear fog lights).

Oh, and Spazz... make sure you know about your local laws... some places might complain about you using something for what it's not designed for... props for being [sorta] creative.

You could also use an amber bulb for brake/tail, but you might confuze people then!

Last edited by Big Daddy Kane; 03/10/06 07:42 AM.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Ok, I see your point, but I think you jumped on me too quick. I have red ones in there, I by no means used the stock white ones while driving.

i dont think you get it... reverse lights are not for you to be able to see better when backing up... they're for other people to warn them that you are backing up.

I hope that someone slams into your car because they dont see you reversing. Moron.

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ExDelayed:

I was just about to say this was posted in the past......
I like the idea myself, but would try to find another alternative to add reverse lights someplace else....

Also, I beieve it was done on a post 98......

Last edited by Bk4293L; 03/11/06 12:04 PM.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Yeah, it would be cool if you could throw in another set of lights... so that way you have tails and reverse (LEDs).

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard