Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Well today I have the ingenuis idea of using the reverse lights on the pre-98 trunk lid as brake/turn lights. So when you apply the brakes the revese lights light up and also when you use the turn signal they also blink in unison. Now using the stock white lights won't get you very far, so I still have to go get some red ones. WARNING: In order to do this mod you have to sacfrice your revese lights.

1. Cut the purple/black wire running to your reverse lights, leave enough to tap into to tho.

2. Splice into the blue/white wire running to your tails lights using an 3m connector.

3. Run wire from the tail light to the purple reverse light wire that is still running into the light socket.

4. Wah-lay there you go.

Since I don't use my reverse lights I decided that this was the best route for me and I like it so far. It's kinda like a 3rd brake light.

The "Bluer Tour" 1998.5 SVTour R.I.P. 2000 ATX Tour SE
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
WOW! ULTRA COOL! Can you show me another mod where you have an illegal color showing while moving, and it appears that you are backing up everytime you tap the brakes??

I'd love to do that so that people behind me can panic, worry about what to do to protect their wife, children and self in their car every time I brake!

That's just awesome!

"Spazz" is right. Please return the laptop to whomever you borrowed it from. You need a lot more training before you come back here.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
its a cool mod if you were all show and it wasnt a daily driver other then that...illeigal...

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
So you want to flash bright azz lights at people when your driving and hit the brakes?

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by SVTspazz:
Since I don't use my reverse lights...

How do you not use your reverse lights when you put your car in, oh whats the word, reverse?

The idea is nice, looking like a newer Audi, but unless you find another way to show that you are backing up, it won't be done to my car (or shouldn't be done to anybody else's)

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
stupid ricers, man they have stupid ideas.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Ray:
WOW! ULTRA COOL! Can you show me another mod where you have an illegal color showing while moving, and it appears that you are backing up everytime you tap the brakes??

I'd love to do that so that people behind me can panic, worry about what to do to protect their wife, children and self in their car every time I brake!

That's just awesome!

"Spazz" is right. Please return the laptop to whomever you borrowed it from. You need a lot more training before you come back here.

How is red an illegal color while moving?

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
uhhh i have a pre98 and everytime i put the car into reverse no red light comes on... just a bright white light... Where is this red you speak of?

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Korfu:
uhhh i have a pre98 and everytime i put the car into reverse no red light comes on... just a bright white light... Where is this red you speak of?

uhh...I took the white reverse light bulbs and put red covers over them, I know it is ricey but it works and I like it. And as far as no reverse lights go, I would feel much safer knowing I'm not going to get rear ended AGAIN, then having someone knowing weither or not I'm backing up.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
to each his own i suppose.

Just a reminder never try to get it inspected like that... Im pretty sure it wont pass.

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard