Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I have a pre-98 trunk lid on a 98 SVT. When I wired the the trunk lid up the license plate lights never worked. After being pulled over for the second time in as many nights, I have decided to wire them directly from the taillights. There are three wires there, a black one, a orange one w/ white stripe and a blue one w/ white strip. Which wire should I tapp into to make sure my license plate lights are on when I turn my lights on?

The "Bluer Tour" 1998.5 SVTour R.I.P. 2000 ATX Tour SE
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
get a testing light at autozone for like 2 to 3 bucks and turn the head lights on and use the tester light.

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
get a testing light at autozone for like 2 to 3 bucks and turn the head lights on and use the tester light.

Good idea. Or you could just experiment. Pull the insulation off all three and touch the license plates leads to each one... If it works you're good.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by SVTspazz:
I have a pre-98 trunk lid on a 98 SVT. When I wired the the trunk lid up the license plate lights never worked. After being pulled over for the second time in as many nights, I have decided to wire them directly from the taillights. There are three wires there, a black one, a orange one w/ white stripe and a blue one w/ white strip. Which wire should I tapp into to make sure my license plate lights are on when I turn my lights on?

Orange/White is probably what you want, black is ground. According to the wiring diagram, the wire that goes to the license plate light is Orange/Black. Hope that helps.

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard