Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Can anyone explain to me or point me in the right direction of how the hvac panel/system works as far as input/output, signals, etc? Is it possible to take the signals and run it into a pc serial port and control it through a pc? Maybe some A/D/A conversion or what have you. Might I find some of this in a chiltons or haynes manual?

thanks,
chris

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Im not exactly sure as to how it works but it isn't computerized. It's a mechanical system utilizing air pressure. Each knob has a different connection but the main air source/direction knob is a pneumatic system utlizing air.

I have no clue as to how it works, this is just what I noticed when I replaced the lights behind it.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Yeah, it's vacuum-operated (in part). You'd have to switch out the vacuum controllers for soleniods to make it electronic.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Yeah, it's vacuum-operated (in part). You'd have to switch out the vacuum controllers for soleniods to make it electronic.

Exactly.

The vents are vacuum controlled. This includes the ventilation blend doors which regulate temperature.

The panel has electrical controls for the A/C unit & blower speed.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard