B
blu_fuz Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
1. List a price you would pay.
2. List if you would want 1 or 2.

Made with alluminum coil stock. If I get 10 people with a reasonable price I would make more. Uses no fasteners or adhesive (but you could). I spray painted mine. Here are pics:
[image][/image]

EGPLNT:MY 95' SE MTX SVT *200,000 MILE CLUB* 6/06/06 - 201,000 MILES
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
is it just me or does that skid plate seem thin as hell

B
blu_fuz Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Like I said. It is made out of alluminum coil stock. It is the only way I could get it to bend up and around the mirko lip without too much cutting and kinking. It's better than nothing and could help people with light scraping problems. JOE

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

who cares about thin? it doesn't look good at all. i'd rather roll a chipped up mirko than that.

good idea in concpet, bad idea in execution. is there any way to clean it up?

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by MxRacer:

not have it stick out and cover the lip up front..

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
If u can clean up that front lip. I would be down if the price isn't crazy.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
B
blu_fuz Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

who cares about thin? it doesn't look good at all. i'd rather roll a chipped up mirko than that.

The mirko under that is chipped a little and this is 10x better than nothing! I rolled it up over the front to cover the chips it already had - I guess if someone doesn't want that it would be no problem and easier for me. BUT you would have to fasten it to the mirko somehow.

Having this on there, regardless if the metal is krinkled around the bend, IS protecting my $300 splitter and is keeping if from chipping anymore!

and... the car is so low and the rest of my car is so flashy that no ones eyes even venture to the bottom of my mirko!

hardly noticeable - About cleaning it up... I went to a metal fab shop and they would just charge labor to make me one out of 16 gauge stainless and it would have been over $200! so no, I can't clean it up anymore for the price I paid to make it myself of $0. I don't have metal bending tools, or any way to heat the metal up or anything.

This skid plate is not for looks as much as it is for function. I think that people who drive there cars everyday and would like less wear and tear on their mirko would like one. I could be wrong - like I said, they are removeable because there are no fasteners or adhesive.

hope this helped - JOE

I was extreemly happy when I was done considering I used a hammer and a block of wood and scrap coil stock! lol Took about 1 hr to make + paint

now i just feel like I should just have it for myself and not offer these.

DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T POST - FOR INTERESTED PEOPLE ONLY - IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION PM ME AND I WILL DECIDE IF YOUR COMMENTS ARE WORTH POSTING OR ARE JUST NEGATIVE.

I was thinking:
$15 without front lip and you get the rear tabs still
$30 with front lip and rear tabs
+ shipping

If this is way out there then a moderator should lock this post

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Dude. That looks awful. You should just have it stick out about 1/2" from the lip instead of folding over.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
blu_fuz Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
no because that sticking out will catch on concrete and bend it right under the mirko or rip it off. and I was trying to cover up old chips in the mirko and preventing new ones. YOUR JUST MAD THAT MY PRE98 IS BETTER: EAT THIS AND CHOKE ON IT!

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
No it will not bend under. I've seen it on other SVTs. It's the same as putting a sheet of poly carbonate which is what I'm planning. It will protrude a little from the lip to protect it. This is what my buddy used on his Reiger front bumper on his Focus and it worked excellently. And no your car is not better than mine sparky.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard